Fair Haven 9/6-7/08

We started strong with 2 for 3 by 6:30am on Saturday but as soon as the sun came up and the traffic arrived the fish all but disapeared and the rest clamped their mouths shut. Sunday was a little rough at first but we got out before light anyway. Nothing by 7:15 AM and we decided to troll in and go for breakfast when a dipsey fired. It was Admirals day aboard the Popeye and Toni took the first, a nice mid 20's king. We turned around and a rigger fired with a steelhead for Admiral Ellen (Trophynuts). Well the breakfast idea went out the window as we doubled up on a Coho and another steelie after that. Had another steelie on a spoon after that which spit the hook 20' behind the boat. 4 for 5 in 40 minutes. We worked the area some more and were 5 for 7 by 9:30am. The bite died after that so back to the breakfast plan. 1 king, 2 coho, 2 steelies. dropped a king and a steelie. Bites were 65-80 down on riggers and 230 2.5 setting on the dipsey. White E-chip w/ A-Tom-mik blue hammer, Mtn. Dew chip w/ A-Tom-Mik TG, Blue bubble SD w/ A-Tom-Mik Powder Blue. Savant Green Alwife, and a purple frog did the damage. 80-100 feet of water worked for us. The kings we are getting are still silver and with the cohos just showing up, I'd say we have another month to go.

Nice report....glad to hear the fishing is getting better for you guys in Fairhaven!

I'd have to agree about the month to go speculation. We caught some very silver fish in Mexico on Saturday and the eggs were still very tight. Those silver kings have awhile to go yet before they are ready.

For those of us who speculated it would be an early fast run....we were a bit off target.

Also...just got turned on to those Savants and I'm loving those spoons!! It goes to show that the sponsors of our tournaments need to give out more product! I got those Savants @ the Fairhaven Challenge and not only do they catch fish....all I can say about the paint is WOW.....none better IMO! I'll be spending a good chunk of change with Savant this winter ;)