Leadcore Niagra. Bar May

2nd year to the bar in May and was wondering how many colors of lead guys are running offshore for Kings/coho?  Did well with 200,250 & 300 coppers and had great rigger bites from 30-60 down along with wire dipsys.  Looking to add some more junk to the spread as it is so fun clearing lines in a fire drill:ninja:

Maybe I should be asking what part of the upper water column I should be working.  I saw lots of surfacing fish offshore and felt like I was missing out.  Tried flatling a few sticks off the boards over the deep water that didn't produce.  Inshore we did well with sticks off boards and spoons off riggers for the browns & coho.

• Like 1

I have 4 colors - 8 color set ups.  I won't go longer than eight colors. If I need added depth, I just add a keel weight or rubber core sinker to the leader.  If you are targeting kings in May you would be safe to stay in 20'-60' zone.  There will be winter pattern kings on the bottom still but those are tougher to catch.

Thanks for the insight.  All of the kings we got on long coppers and wire dipsys we picked off bottom and they were hogs.  Our biggest for the week was 25 pounds and 36.5 inches. Broke a number off that size as well.  Our biggest laker was 36"  and 19 pounds.   Not bad for never catching a king before.   We fish Champlain and George.