West Marine now price matching

I visited my local West Marine store today and they had large signs advertising they will 'match any price'.  The manager said they have a new corporate strategy to match prices to be more competitive, and eventually their prices will adjust accordingly.  Our store almost went out of business 2 years ago....they shut down for 2 months.  I saved about $7 on some epoxy today, I just had to show the guy the same item on my Amazon phone app.  The price match statement is also on their website.  https://www.westmarine.com/

That good, I wonder if they all are doing the same? The West Marine in Watertown Ny. Is ridiculous with their prices. I sure hope they decide to do the same.

• Like 1

It's a corporate thing, so I'm sure all stores are participating....if not, you can remind them to check their own website.  It's in big bold letters on their main page. I agree, their prices are out of line.  Now I will actually buy locally and have items in hand the same day.  

We lost our West Marine in North Syracuse a couple years ago. They left us with no options other than travel. I replaced the transom on my 18 foot Starcraft a few years ago and bought my epoxy there. They had a hidden location in a tiny strip mall and I believe not many people realized they were there. They also had the windows covered from the inside and always looked like they were closed.  

That’s too bad, Mercury13. Ours closed for a couple of months with no explanation and no movement of inventory......looked like it was abandoned. Then they decided to reopen.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United