Bear's spring fishing derby?

1 hour ago, darkwater1 said:

Does anyone know the dates and if they had any luck with a 2nd weigh-in station

second weigh in station be nice for the guys fishing north end . i burn a tank of gas out of the truck bring fish to myers . turn out we broke even for the weekend placing in the derby . really don.t think they have the staff to have two stations tho. 

I would  object to a second way station. The scale they have used for years is a spring scale which has worked for many years. If you put in a second station chances are you would not get both scales to read the same. This would mean that they would have to buy two digital scales that measure to .001lb. They cost several hundred dollars each. With one scale everybody uses the same scale so it does not matter if the scale is off a small amount. I like the north end as well and drive 1 1/2 hours to get to Long Point. I have made the trip back to Myers many times. If you don't want to drive all that way just call to see what the bottom of the board is. If your fish are smaller than what has already been weighed you are out of the money and you could just head home. I like to weigh in even if I don't have a fish that will place. It is fun to chat with all the guys and gals. If you talk to anyone who has done this for an length of time I'm sure they would all agree that it is hard to make money doing derbies. Most due it because they love to fish. On any given day anybody entered could win. I'm looking forward to fishing Senaca this year. A tougher bite means you have to be more on your A game. I like challenge. My boy passed away a few years ago and he was always proud that we had never have been skunked on my new boat since 2006. Senaca might  change that this year but I will not whine about it if it does happen.   Wes

Happy wife happy life LoL. The last two years on seneca have been such a grind Im just not sure but 10k sure sounds good.

I think a 2nd weigh in would help get more people involved I'm pretty sure last year they had a digital scale mabey not