Canandaigua report 9/7

My brother in law and his two boys joined me Sunday morning for some trolling action in the south end. We worked the east shore near white rock north and south trolls and stayed on the fish. We were set up by 6:15 or so but the youngsters went to sleep in the cuddy and didn't understand why they had to get up at 5:00 am to go fishing. Well they slept through the best action from 7:00- 8:30 we had a triple and I dropped a big one behind the boat off the wire trying to net the copper rod fish and the rigger hooked fish. I was running two 11" "pizza" flashers off the riggers one with A TOM MIK chicken wing and one with A TOM MIK green hammer fly, and one 8" pizza flasher with green hammer on the wire. The green spin dr on the wire with a green hammer caught fish as well as the mtn dew spin dr with hammer fly on the copper took a couple hits too. All of the rigs took fish but the pizza set ups were hot. We boated 7 fish biggest was 7 1/2 lbs. We dropped 2 wire fish, one was mine and the other was one of the kids, and we dropped two rigger fish all the of the dropped fish were hawgs, very heavy and fighting like crazy for lakers. We had a blast and we were back at the dock by 10:30.

Strike zone was 50' and 60' on the riggers and wires were out 210' and 180' on a 3 setting. The best picture was in 145-185 FOW on the east side near the white rock. Only saw a few other boats and they trolled right on by heading north. I told my bro Will, the mantra, "don't leave fish to find fish" since the first half hour was quiet but then we were very busy for 2 hours.

DSCN2996.jpg

DSCN2995.jpg

DSCN2994.jpg

DSCN2999.jpg

DSCN3000.jpg

DSCN3002.jpg

Do you know where White Rock is? That is where they were yesterday. The fish move around, the hot spot back in August 9 -17, was different than a week ago on Labor Day weekend, my wife and I fished and the fish were gone. The South End is a productive area usually from the drop off, past the White Rock to the first point on the East side (I call it Whiskey Point). Speed and temp at the ball will help as there were some crazy currents whipping through the area. Fish the marks, or just above them like 5-10 feet. I know many people use spoons but I run flashers and flies and squids, work through the puzzle of colors for the day and pay attention to your speed. When we were on them the fish were consistently streaking up to the Shark or running right with it.

FLX , I do not know where White Rock is, Where did you launch from and how far up or down on the E or W side of the lake is it? We hammered fish up by AES down 30-80 in 240-300FOW on friday 9/5, shallow riggers and deep on the wire dipsies- chatruese spinnys w/ glow hammer and whitecrush smart fish w/ glow white fly. Had spoons on DRs orange/brown and natural killer worked best. Are the browns and LLs actually starting to stage in the south end?

http://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/25662.html

check out this map it's kind of small but white rock is in south end on east side,

it is actually a rock that people paint white every year,l legend has before all the house the Indians used it as anavigational aid since there isn't much for landmarks

Hey fireplug you got a better link than this one ??

http://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/25662.html

check out this map it's kind of small but white rock is in south end on east side,

it is actually a rock that people paint white every year,l legend has before all the house the Indians used it as anavigational aid since there isn't much for landmarks

Hey fireplug you got a better link than this one ??

I think it is just below the point North-East of Granger Point, near the 100' line, but I am not positive. I've only fished there a couple times with you and never paid attention to landmarks, I was too busy trying to pick your brain about fishing for Trout in Canandaigua Lake :?

SouthEnd.jpg