Arrow choice?

I know it's closer to fishing the lake then hunting season, but deer hunting just never leaves my brain! That being said I'm in the market in the VERY near future to buying new arrows. I have been using Carbon Express Pile Drivers for years and have decent success with them, but am ready for a change. The last few days I've fried my brain reading about arrow selection. Am curious is to what everyone on here are shooting? My main goal is simple...... I want penetration, I want pass throughs! My current setup is.....

Mathews DXT

27 in draw

62#

100g spitfire BH

Was really interested in Easton 5mm 400 Full Metal Jackets, but have read that they bend relatively easy compared to full carbon. Also have looked at Easton Axis 400 and Gold Tip Valkerie 400. Just can't make a decision.

Full metal jackets is the only way to go. Unparalleled penetration, easy to pull from targets, heavy enough to shoot bores through the shoulder plate and still get an exit hole. Great arrows. I use them for hunting all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have been using Easton Full Metal Jackets for years, no issues with bending.  I have shot multiple deer with them and have been able to clean them off and use them again, even on deer that have took the arrow with them.  Very good arrow, not cheap though, although not much is in our sport.....

• Like 2

I’ve never bent one. Have lost a few, lost some fletching. That’s another thing. They are easer to re-fletch than carbon. The only down side I’ve seen is they are a little heavier which only matters on a 3d course.

I have been shooting Easton FMJ shafts with 100gr Muzzys since the shafts first came out. And IMO there is no better combination for maximum penetration. Have Had Numerous shoulder and frontal facing shots with the deer folding in its tracks. I used the same shaft to kill 2 140” bucks back in 2011 and 2012 and a couple Doe. Best shafts on the market hands down.

• Like 2

I’ve never bent one. Have lost a few, lost some fletching. That’s another thing. They are easer to re-fletch than carbon. The only down side I’ve seen is they are a little heavier which only matters on a 3d course.

Same here. Best arrows out there, penetrate like no other

Sent from my SM-G935V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...