wind finally allowed me to get drift boat out.....rowed east out of the chute....wasn't long black/gold J9 took first brown of the year....shortly after firetiger J9 took the next.....wasn't long and the breeze kicked up a bit so I headed back in.....nice couple hours with just me and the geese on the lake

were thinking about bringing the boat out and when we cant get out spin cast there and selkirk state park. we usually do this in mid april but would like to try it in march also

The pier was covered in a big sheet of ice last Thursday, and with this weather I don’t think it is receded much. The flow from Grindstone was pushing a good distance. We even took a short walleye in front of the creek last week.

Capt Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

capt rich thanks for the info. when fishing from shore we usually spin cast to the left or right of the pier we have had better luck at selkirk state park especially to the right of the rock pile and in front of the river. that was always in april though. mexico bay we fished at the mouth of the river on the rocks. had 2 or 3 schools of eyes follow are lures in there but no takers before season. browns we have better luck at selkirk state park on shore but lost some big steelhead at mexico bay