Kicker Brackets

Diversion

1 hour ago, pap said:

:yes: :yes: :yes:  Best thing I ever used as far as a kicker bracket.

What one was it Pap, got a picture of how you mounted it? 

Mine is the swim platform one, Hank it’s covered over now and a foot of snow I have to remove anyway, I’ll have to uncover to take pic. It’s also the heavy duty one , as I have a 2015 15hp merc. 4 stroke. I also put 2 more brackets under.

Edited by pap

Mudflat, is that a 25" shaft on your Yamaha? Looks like we have the same boat. I wasn't sure a fixed position bracket would get the kicker far enough down into the water. Do you have any more pics of your install?

1 hour ago, Diversion said:

Mudflat, is that a 25" shaft on your Yamaha? Looks like we have the same boat. I wasn't sure a fixed position bracket would get the kicker far enough down into the water. Do you have any more pics of your install?

Yes that's a 25" - I tried a 20" shaft and it worked ok most of the time but would ventilate occasionally in rough water (3 footers).  I could have mounted the bracket 2" lower, with the bottom of the bracket right at the water line, and the 20" would probably have worked fine. 

The 25" motor still comes completely out of the water when tilted all the way up.

IMG_0041.thumb.JPG.cb6f5cf1fbd7eecd33a2d4352fdc202b.JPGIMG_0042.thumb.JPG.f4a68ec0d5c4876eda131108c50d2a17.JPG

Edited by mudflat
add picture

2 hours ago, mr 580 said:

Here are pictures of Adventure Marine Swim Platform mount on my Proline.  Real happy with it.  

100_0190.jpg

100_0191.jpg

That’s the exact same one I have!!  I’m thrilled with mine. No more bending over the transom to pull up motors. :yes: :yes:

Edited by pap

• 2 weeks later...

Have no issues-I just lay motor towards big motor then ratchet strap to boat transom.  Been running that way since boat was rigged in 2008.

I have a bracket for my main motor, and the kicker will be mounted about 30in back like the main. I was thinking I might have to rachet strap it, but was hoping I didnt have to. Reaching that far back past the transom is going to be a pain in the arse.

I just drop one end of ratchet strap down through handle with tiller handle then tighten up.  Not a big deal.  I’ve always used a safety strap on my kickers and I’ve had kickers for 15+ years.  Last thing you want in rough weather is gear flopping around -good way to have “bad” things happen.

That’s a great idea!! 580, I bought one of those kicker picker upper:lol: only thing bad about those things is the pulling arm hits the transom before the kicker falls into the lock position, so I bent the handle so it doesn’t hit, but now you can’t control the motor from flipping over from center to either way. It’s a beoch to lift the motor in the left or right position. A trimming motor would be the cats meow!! Unfortunately that wasn’t a opinion at the time. Cost vs. convenients was a issue at the time!!!

I looked at these before and love the design and length, but not the price.  I have a buddy who fabricates and we are going to try doing one ourselves. I will post a pic once we get it done. I was just leary of the kicker smacking around being tilted up while running in and out. Had to strap the hell out of my last set up that had adjustable mount and was a pain doing so in 4ft waves that erie often blesses us with