New to me boat

jth21usa

Does anyone have any leads on a dealership that has a 24-28 foot fishing boat with a cuddly that will take a trade in? I have a baby and don't have anywhere for him to get out of the sun in my current 21ft center console. 

IMHO any dealership is going to low ball you big time. Just like trading in a car, snowmobile, motorcycle etc. they will give 3,000 for it and sell it for 4500 after you walk out the door. I  would list it here and Craigs , sell it and then go boat shopping. You now have some  cash in hand and room to barter at the dealership and they have a clean deal, which they wanted to begin with . When trading in they know you want a particular boat and will keep that price high knowing that they hold most of the cards. 

Edited by Bozeman Bob
  • Like 1

IMHO any dealership is going to low ball you big time. Just like trading in a car, snowmobile, motorcycle etc. they will give 3,000 for it and sell it for 4500 after you walk out the door. I  would list it here and Craigs , sell it and then go boat shopping. You now have some  cash in hand and room to barter at the dealership and they have a clean deal, which they wanted to begin with . When trading in they know you want a particular boat and will keep that price high knowing that they hold most of the cards. 

You do know dealers have to pay to keep the lights on aswell?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, Jerryriggin 2 said:

You do know dealers have to pay to keep the lights on aswell?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I am well aware of a dealers overhead, including taxes,building and liability insurance, workmans  comp, unemployement insurance utilities ,employee's etc. And I also know 90%  do not want your trade in and are looking for clean deals. The last thing they want is a overpriced used boat going out the door and there responsible or whatever breaks in the next few weeks or so. IF you have bought every car you have ever owned from a dealer then I bow down to you and your post. Something tells me , no way and I shouldn't worry about me eating crow.

• Like 1