Cayuga Cayuga Lake launches - north end

Does anyone know of a decent place to launch on the north end of Cayuga? I checked out the launches at Union Springs, across the west side at the state park, and most of the ones in between. The water level is way too low for any of those launches. My boat is a 16.5 foot with a 90 HP, not huge but not small either.
The web page with the Cayuga lake water level shows it up about a foot since last weekend but I don't think that would be enough.
On another note, does anyone know when the state launch on the west side of Skaneateles will be unlocked?

I looked at the Mandana launch. It is a town of Skaneateles operated launch but no 'public' parking. The parking by the firehouse has a bunch of signs saying parking for town of Skan residents only (sticker must be visible) with threat of towing. I don't live in that town so no joy there....

I haven't been able contact the marina yet to see if there is parking for non-residents somewhere.

1 hour ago, Fishwiz said:
DO you think there is enough water at union springs to launch a 16 foot flat bottom boat

Maybe? If it’s a tiller type outboard that floats quickly off the trailer you may be able to. There seemed to be a lot of muck right off the ramp so if you don’t have to back way out it may be doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by cny_mike
Typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the water came up another 2 feet looking online I may give it a try Monday at the Union Springs boat launch with my 18 ft deep v its a 2 hour ride to be let down but I guess I could always go back to long point  and head up. If anyone has seen the launch or launched out of it I would greatly appreciate a update even if its a pm.

Edited by Fishwiz

• 4 weeks later...
Anybody looked at the state park launch at the north end recently? Deep enough for 17ft aluminum to launch?

Sent from my LGL64VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I launched out of deans cove last Saturday. I have a 25ft hardtop. The center of the cove is shallow (4ft) and 5-6 ft between the markers. I didn’t hit bottom but churned up some mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app