So Much For Signs Of Spring

In northern NY, March is cranking out more snow than February, and colder temps as well. We've had snow almost every day this month, and it's still snowing and blowing. Ol' man winter just keeps hanging around.

IMG_20180309_145800405.thumb.jpg.70a0854b1b547e5a9313c4692aa39fb6.jpg

Lol yea we got hammered again, with more in the forecast. Gotta love it living in the great Pennsylvania Pocono Mts. Oh yea see ya at the Brewerton show next weekend!! If I can get there LOL.

Edited by pap

56 minutes ago, hard knox said:

I its my fault as i uncovered the boat and started to get it ready after seeing those brown trout catches lol.

Lol, it was tempting to uncover my boat too, but I decided to just work on it with the cover on. I guess I was working "under cover" so mother nature wouldn't see me setting up my boat:lol:

Our 10 day forecast didn't look real promising at the time anyway.

I got my "new" boat last November, just in time to cover it before our first real snowfall. It needed everything but a VHF marine radio, but the radio needed a new mounting bracket. I still have plenty of work to do before I'm ready for the 2018 season. I was ready for springtime before the end of 2017.

• Like 1

Yes this sucks....my list of outdoor house chores, boat repairs and upgrades, is growing, and the time available before putting boat into harbor is shrinking...I finally bought a heater for garage so i can start on truck stuff this weekend...and im smoking 25pounds of venison jerky...

got boat upholstry back from the shop decided to go with a combo blue and white with gold embroidery... now I have to install it...

C6116D98-A658-42B3-9BD6-B41C5621936D.jpeg

CC4D7D80-D3D2-48E4-AD92-8E48E8818143.jpeg

• Like 1

We did get a decent amout of snow here but yet it was another bust snowmobile season here. Everytime it would get good
(usually middle of the work week) it would just melt or rain by the weekend. So i put the sleds away 2 weeks ago and started organizing tackle for Spring Browns and made a appt to get windows tinted in my boat and its snowd every since. Still isnt enough for snowmobiling but we still have fun with sleds and the four wheeler!!

Sent from my VS880 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, Lewis863 said:

Yes this sucks....my list of outdoor house chores, boat repairs and upgrades, is growing, and the time available before putting boat into harbor is shrinking...I finally bought a heater for garage so i can start on truck stuff this weekend...and im smoking 25pounds of venison jerky...

got boat upholstry back from the shop decided to go with a combo blue and white with gold embroidery... now I have to install it...

C6116D98-A658-42B3-9BD6-B41C5621936D.jpeg

CC4D7D80-D3D2-48E4-AD92-8E48E8818143.jpeg

That upholstery looks great! I know how excited you are to fish your "new" boat. I've only had mine out for the test drive before I bought it.

56 minutes ago, Kooter469 said:

We did get a decent amout of snow here but yet it was another bust snowmobile season here. Everytime it would get good
(usually middle of the work week) it would just melt or rain by the weekend. So i put the sleds away 2 weeks ago and started organizing tackle for Spring Browns and made a appt to get windows tinted in my boat and its snowd every since. Still isnt enough for snowmobiling but we still have fun with sleds and the four wheeler!!

That's why I sold my sleds last summer. I found very little time or good conditions to use them.

4 hours ago, Kooter469 said:

Yup i hear ya, smart move! im holding on as i did buy 31 acres near Cherry Creek. Great trails n snow there!!!!! Hoping to build n move in 5 years or so!!!!

Sounds like a nice property. Best of luck with making your dreams a reality!