weigh in on the new trophy fishing boats

Mower

I have an opportunity to pick up a completely rigged 2006 23 foot trophy and the price is a steal to put it bluntly. I am only asking about the boat itself, I have all the accessories covered. You input is appreciated.

Mower

mower

I have a 1802 18' trophy it is a 2004 with a 115hp 4 stroke merc outboard and so far I love this boat. A friend of mine has a 21' in a 2006 and he likes it alot as well. If it was made in 2002 or later it should be a very good boat for the money! Can you get better I am sure you can but for the money they are a nice boat. Good luck with what ever decision you make.

Mower,

I have an '08 Trophy 2152 Hardtop and I love it. (pic below is the day I picked it up before I rigged it myself). I rigged it with two Big Jon DR's on the transom, two double BJ rod holders on each side, two BJ Dipsy holders on each side, planer reels, FF, Subtroll, etc.

Pros - easy to trailer, great build quality, easy to rig (wide gunwales and transom with easy access), lots of space and very ergonomically friendly

Cons - lots of bow steer on the boat at slow speeds, hard top makes it a little harder to dock in a strong cross wind, very little storage space other than the cuddy

I see you're from Vestal - (I used to be in medical practice in Kirkwood). FYI, there was an '06 Trophy Hardtop (I believe it was a 2052) for sale fully rigged at a local boat dealer down there. I saw it on line a few months back and it looked like a fantastic boat.

- Chris

Drop me a PM if you have any more questions.p><p><a  href=http://www.postimage.org/gx17H0_0.jpg' alt='gx17H0_0.jpg'>

[/img]

I have a 2005 2352 and love it. Used last two years on Ontario with no problems even in 4 to 5 ftrs. The hard top is a big plus. Marine head and holding tank is great for the wife. Washdown hose is a must. Since the mid to late 90s the Trophy boats have improved emencely. Better quality and more options. I don't think you'll be sorry you bought it.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk1/ ... 2Large.jpg

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I got a 2004 Trophy pro 2052 had it for 2 years now and love it. I did alot of research on the net before I decide to buy one. Make sure you get trim tabs, at least v6 or 150 hp out board depending on the model. Every thing I read was positive be it the great lakes or ocean use. Pretty good on gas and goes through the waves quite comfortably and dry, self bailing.

The only issue I have had with it is I could not get a Depth Raider to work properly on mine. The D.R. tech told me it was because of the high voltage coil in the merc 4.3 inboard????

I would go for it. Any question let me know.