musky fishing

I would like to ry my hand at landing a musky this year. Can anyone offer places to go and what to use? As I drive by lake erie in the fall I see guys out there trolling. Where would be my best bet to land a musky, either trolling or casting? Thanks.

Slapshot ( Tony)

I took my first stab at Musky fishing this summer myself. My brother took me to Chautauqua Lake. Got started on a Friday night and got nothing. Saturday I boated 2....a 31" and a 41". I was surprised because honestly I was expecting to catch none being such a rookie. Sunday I got one on right at the boat and he was off real quick then my bro boated one about an hour later. Not bad for my first time out. So....I can say I've had luck on Chautauqua Lake anyways. I can only imagine it's going to pick up with the cooler weather moving in.

I was on chaut a week after the opener- late june. weeds came in great as always (they have to harvest them there). will be there next weekend as my musky charter got postponed from last weekend. will let you know how the weeds look.

bosco you lucky dog! shoot me a pm. would love to know where/how you got yours as my first day will be unguided. we got skunked there the first go-round...

waneta and another lake just east of chaut that I can't recall offhand get stockings from the chaut hatchery. the big boys should be coming shallow as the water cools so casting will be good. heard erie/river skis have been small the past couple years. as muskybob said, st law for bigguns. chaut has good sized ones too. the susquehanna river in northern PA is good too but not sure where exactly to send you.

tight lines- C&R only!!!