Summer fishing in Cape Cod

DJ 17

22 hours ago, rolmops said:

Ask about Billings Gate

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Ask who?

Thanks for all the info so far! My kids would definitely enjoy clamming. The wife? Not so sure

Billings Gate is a shoal in the bay. There are always a lot of stripers in the area around Billings gate. If it is fly fishing you want to concentrate on then the outside of the southern most tip of the Well fleet outlet would be a god spot. As for clamming, very often the local recreation authority sets up a clamming event which happens close to the regular beach. It is wading very close to the surf line in ankle deep water. Your wife can enjoy the event from under her Sunbrella sitting on a beach chair fifty yards away.

Edited by rolmops

I just read your post again and their should be some info about other fish to catch. For the kids, that should be a pogy fishing trip on a head boat. The boat parks on a school of pogies and it is game on. they can catch a lot of nice fish. For you, it may be fluke which you can catch on the flats east of Chatham or if the summer is warm enough in front of Pamet harbor or in 20 feet of water in front the national seashore west of Province town. There you can use a Gambler rig tipped with sand eel with great success, while your boat just floats with the current. Now that is some very nice fish to feast on. And of course, there always is a ton of bluefish,skates and dogfish, although both skates and dogfish are considered a pest

Edited by rolmops

• 4 weeks later...

Just booked a trip with Black Rose Charter Fishing.  (Thanks for the Tip Abe!) Looking forward to it! Ground fish, Porbeagle sharks, possible tuna and whatever else comes to play!