Track questions

NymphO

So I'm looking to get setup this year with some tracks so I can remove rod holders when it's "family" time. I have a set of trees that I will prob leave permanent as they will not be in the way. I have a few options that I'm considering but if someone can answer me on if there's a difference in track size, or more specific, I want to use my anglers pal rod holders Vs my titelok rod holders as there's no easy way to change angle (bow to stern) on titelok. Titelok tracks are half the cost of others out there BUT traxtech seems to be the only manufacturer that offers a base adapter for the anglers pal. Has anyone had experience with those ? Can I buy the traxtech adapter to use on the titelok tracks ? Thanks in advance !!

So I am currently rigging my boat with traxtech tracks (I believe all major track same basic size bert cannon traxtech cisco) and also using tite lock holders. I am machining the adapter for the tite lock mounts myself may have some extras when I get them done (and make sure they work) if your interested.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So I am currently rigging my boat with traxtech tracks (I believe all major track same basic size bert cannon traxtech cisco) and also using tite lock holders. I am machining the adapter for the tite lock mounts myself may have some extras when I get them done (and make sure they work) if your interested.

Interested for sure. You have easy access to a machine, maybe you can machine me some adapters for anglers pal to titelok track ?

You can get 3 inch wide .250 thick alum on eBay cheap 3x3 pieces already cut then if you have a drill press just drill and tap the plate for the bolt pattern on the rod holders those are easy compared to the tite lock. Could do it with a hand drill in a pinch.

5/16 drill thru
3/8-16 tap
Then just get some socket head Allen with half inch of thread should do the trick.

Measure the diameter of one of the rod holder holes and make sure 3/8 Will go thru if not use

Number 7 drill
1/4-20 tap
Same bolts just this thread

3 inch wide is standard track (traxtech bert Cisco)

I could help you out but would need a rod holder for the bolt pattern as I do not have 1.

One word of caution - while all of the accessories are interchangeable amongst Traxtech, Cannon, and Berts, when having something custom machined for my tracks on my boat (Tracks are Traxtech) I gave the machinist a piece of cannon track to use to take measurements from assuming they were all the same.  The opening looking from top down of the cannon tracks is about 150 thousandths wider than the traxtech or berts openings - so the piece he made for me didn't slide into the traxtech track - there are differences in the track so just make sure you don't run into the issue I had....

• Like 1

One word of caution - while all of the accessories are interchangeable amongst Traxtech, Cannon, and Berts, when having something custom machined for my tracks on my boat (Tracks are Traxtech) I gave the machinist a piece of cannon track to use to take measurements from assuming they were all the same.  The opening looking from top down of the cannon tracks is about 150 thousandths wider than the traxtech or berts openings - so the piece he made for me didn't slide into the traxtech track - there are differences in the track so just make sure you don't run into the issue I had....
Damn thats good to know...

Due to the time he had invested into the parts - the easiest solution for me was to give him my traxtech tracks off the boat and he milled out the opening slightly to match the Cannon tracks - problem solved.....
Yea I bet. Luckily it's all aluminum and pretty easy to deal with

Those bases look to be the same as RAM bases. The adaptors I got from Traxstech were slightly taller than the track to allow the RAM base to mount. I don't think the adaptor will fit in a tite lock track, that's why they make an adaptor.

You could probably buy pieces from Traxstech to make your own adaptors. They are usually pretty flexible.

I run Traxstech tracks and Berts tracks, they seem to be interchangeable.  Cannon track was slightly larger (wider and taller) but has a nice bead blasted finish.  I just bought a set of Traxstech adapter plates to mount my Anglers Pal rod holders, and had to drill and tap a new hole for the 3rd mounting hole on the Anglers Pal.  I also had to shave down about 1/8" on either side of the Anglers Pal base to get the whole setup to slide into the Bert's track.  I will add some pics later.  But it was all worth it as I really wanted that removable setup to go from fishing to a family boat.

The RAM adaptors are slightly taller than the universal adaptors so you don't have to cut the base of your anglers pal down. That's whst I was trying to express in my previous post. The RAM base looks identical to the anglers pal base. Same hole pattern too...

I run Traxstech tracks and Berts tracks, they seem to be interchangeable.  Cannon track was slightly larger (wider and taller) but has a nice bead blasted finish.  I just bought a set of Traxstech adapter plates to mount my Anglers Pal rod holders, and had to drill and tap a new hole for the 3rd mounting hole on the Anglers Pal.  I also had to shave down about 1/8" on either side of the Anglers Pal base to get the whole setup to slide into the Bert's track.  I will add some pics later.  But it was all worth it as I really wanted that removable setup to go from fishing to a family boat.

Exactly what I'll prob end up doing.

The RAM adaptors are slightly taller than the universal adaptors so you don't have to cut the base of your anglers pal down. That's whst I was trying to express in my previous post. The RAM base looks identical to the anglers pal base. Same hole pattern too...

I can't seem to find them anywhere. Anyway you could post a link to them ? Thanks !!

Disregard. It says anglers pal right in the description.

Looking back, tyee, when I read your post and looked at the adapter I wasn't looking at that specific one as it comes with the ball on top. Looking at RAMS website they have no tracks adapters, so I appreciate you beating that point home !!! Also, they are a couple bucks cheaper than the traxtech universal rod holder adapter plate.

3 thumbs up

• Like 1

Mine did not come with the RAM balls. I think they just show them for reference. FYI...the RAM tube rod holders work great for most applications.

That's perfect if they don't cause I wouldn't use them. But that ball is why I breezed by them searching !

Just looked at your link and those are the ones I got. It sure sounds like they do come with the RAM balls judging by the description...mine didn't. If you get them and want to dump the balls, I will take them off your hands for a reasonable price.