Track questions

NymphO

6 hours ago, NymphO said:

Disregard. It says anglers pal right in the description.

Looking back, tyee, when I read your post and looked at the adapter I wasn't looking at that specific one as it comes with the ball on top. Looking at RAMS website they have no tracks adapters, so I appreciate you beating that point home !!! Also, they are a couple bucks cheaper than the traxtech universal rod holder adapter plate.

3 thumbs up

The PA450's are nice, I would have ordered those 1st if I knew about them.  But the website where I got my adapter plates from wanted me to pay for the return shipping, even though their website said they were compatible with Angler's Pal (which they were not!)  So I opted for the old drill -n- tap...I also like that the plates I got are about 3 inches longer than the PA450's.

Here's another option that works and its a lot easier to drill and tap your own holes...Cheaper too if you are ok with glass-filled nylon which is pretty strong...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I2IKCG/?coliid=I2H1LZVR2YFOZ2&colid=37CDLOX8QGM0E&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I'd be a bit nervous as these will be dipsy holders. Anybody use these ? The price is right,but that almost scares me away.

I'd be a bit nervous as these will be dipsy holders. Anybody use these ? The price is right,but that almost scares me away.
Why not just buy the 3x3 alum on eBay for a few bucks and drill and tap from my research it's the cheapest option

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think it's a great option for certain things (the plastic), but I just couldn't use that for rod holders (definitely not a dipsey holder).

I am planning on drilling and tapping some black track insert pieces for downrigger cable fasteners. 

Edited by Tyee II

Another thing I read on another forum and thought was a good idea was the use of neoprene rubber under the tracks to stop water from sitting under them and just cusioin them i am using 3x.25 I bought off ebay...id post pics but tapatalk won't let me

I'm south of buffalo in Olean if you decide you want to save a few bucks I could put them holes in the plate no problem. Something to think about. Have you decided what track you are going to?

Thanks for the offer !! I'll let you know. I bought some used tracks but manufacturer is unknown. Should have em in my hands soon.
  • Like 1

I've purchased spade-type thumb screws from McMaster-Carr in the past for rod holder projects.  Here is their page for all the thumb screws.  The spade-type are cheaper than the rest.....unless you need a larger knob for turning. 

https://www.mcmaster.com/#thumb-screw-fasteners/=1bzxh34

Edited by LakerTaker
  • Like 1