The View Out My Window...

I feel a little luckier. We are only getting 8” in Ottawa over the next day.
I was teasing the wife about going to Oswego fishing in the next few weeks. Our first trip together was fishing in Oswego Easter 1988.
Not sure where that 30 years went.
Have to give up on that plan for a little while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BC FD said:

I feel a little luckier. We are only getting 8” in Ottawa over the next day.
I was teasing the wife about going to Oswego fishing in the next few weeks. Our first trip together was fishing in Oswego Easter 1988.
Not sure where that 30 years went.
Have to give up on that plan for a little while now.

From Ottawa also bud. Was also planning on going for browns in next couple weeks...not sure now.

If it makes anyone feel better, I manage a large car dealership. Every time it snows we broom off 600 cars, move them, plow and put them back. It usually takes us about 7 hours. I can’t begin to count how many times we have done the lot this winter and it looks like we get to do it again the next couple days![emoji35]

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

I do it for free as well, I’m paid on gross. I’m the first one out, I’m the last one in.

That sucks! What city are you in?

I don't mind winter, but by May I will have burned this years firewood AND next years too. Not to mention I'm ready to hit the water for some trolling action. We stopped using our furnace 6 years ago, and I'm finally buying a new furnace this summer.

• Like 1

I heat only with wood, this has not been a hard winter on my wood stash at all. Live in the western southern tier snowbelt, not the worst for snow this year either. That being said I look out the window this morning at a fresh 6 on top of the hard pack foot we already had....with more coming...and I'm more than ready for spring.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My kid is 16 and it's been a great winter to learn to drive. It reminds me of my Dad setting up orange cones in the P&C parking lot in Bath and handing me the keys for the beater truck with the roll bars...which came in handy once or twice. Growing up redneck isn't a bad thing :rofl:.

1 hour ago, Gator said:

My kid is 16 and it's been a great winter to learn to drive. It reminds me of my Dad setting up orange cones in the P&C parking lot in Bath and handing me the keys for the beater truck with the roll bars...which came in handy once or twice. Growing up redneck isn't a bad thing :rofl:.

:lol::lol:

As a kid we all had pickup trucks 4 wheel drive with KC smiley faces on the light covers and the most aggressive tire patterns you could find. We didn’t have the money for lift kits back then, and everyone had a CB radio with the most wicked antenna you could find. AAAhh the good O’L days gas was 49 cents a gallon:lol:

I'm always tempted to complain about the weather but instead I use the time to work on fun projects:lol::doh:

flies.jpg

fun.jpg

Edited by Sk8man