Video editing software

GAMBLER

Cyberlink Powerdirector is the go-to for a few of my students. It's not free, but it's not too bad price-wise, and I think that there's a mobile app from them that may be free. Windows 10 can do some of the basic stuff and I've heard that the open source software Shotcut is serviceable.

Edited by Gator

7 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

What are you guys using to edit your videos?  I have a ton of Go Pro footage to post.  I'm looking for something easy and free! 

Brian just use the go pro editing.  They have regular go pro edit and quick pro edit.  If you want a short 2 min video then use the quick edit but if your wanting a 3 to 5 min video or longer use the go pro edit.   its very simple even my dumba$$ can even do it  

this was on windows 10.. not the greatest program the bad thing was I can only trim down to 15 seconds so a 3 second clip I wanted off a video turns into 15,it makes the video a little bit longer then I wanted.. but using it for my first video it was super easy..

• 5 years later...

I think Movavi Video Editor is a great option for anyone looking for free video editing software without a watermark. Of course, there are plenty of other options out there, so I'd encourage you to do some research and find the one that works best for you. Good luck with your video editing, and I look forward to chatting more with you all in the future!

I saw your post about video editing software and thought I'd chime in. I've been using Movavi Video Editor recently, and I've found it to be a great option for both beginners and more experienced users. One of the best things about Movavi is that it offers a free video editing software no watermark, which is perfect if you're looking for a cost-effective option. It's user-friendly and straightforward to use, which makes it a great choice if you're new to video editing or just want to get things done quickly. I also like that Movavi offers a wide range of features, such as video stabilization, color correction, and audio editing. It's compatible with most video formats, so you should have no problem importing your GoPro footage.

Edited by basseyita1998

Very late to this thread.   I have been using I-Movie that comes on my Apple MacBook Air laptop free.  It's very easy to use and best part free!  Several You Tube videos for beginners but very easy to use.  I have used it now for 5 years.

Edited by digitroll

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using shotcut with the help of YouTube tutorials. I find I just don't use it enough to remember how to do the simple stuff. I really liked Windows Movie Maker, but it was pretty basic.