Took a brake for 15 years now im back

TAGMAN

Hi guys , I just picked up a 22-5 Bayliner cudy and im setting it up little by little, i have two cannon manual downrigers and i using two dipseys out the back, I hope to get a few pointers of you guys, 1st i here a lot of guys talking about wires and copper??, do you run them with dipseys or riggers, also how do you set up to run two polls off each rigger, sliders, cheaters i here about but i don't know what they are or how to rig them, I was up for the weekend two weeks ago and went 2 for 9, seven broke my line lol, but we had fun anyway, any comments would be a big help.

TAGMAN

Welcome to the site . If you search the posts you will find most if not all the ? you just asked. Good luck and have fun.

Wire is run with dipsys ,copper is run like lead core out the back, to run 2 poles off each rigger you use stackers or you can run 1 pole with multi lures using sliders.

read some posts and you will find alot of great tips. My catch has prob has tripled because of the great guys on this site that are willing to give you all the info on what they have learned though the years.This site has the best bunch of guys around to learn from and you will get a few good laughs too.

7 break offs ? I would be wounder if my line was old or too lite . What test are you using? Hope this helps alittle

Mike