Traxstech Contact

I actually spoke to Jeff earlier today and he was on the road to the Grand Rapids show.

As mr580 said email might be best right now.

This is the busiest time of time year for these guys its show season and everybody is rigging for the spring.

I guess I’m just a bit frustrated as I’ve been tying to order an entire set up for my boat and I’ve not been able to determine if they have the items or they have to be made (quoted 4-6wks).  I’ve talked to them a few times and am unable to get a return call.  Hell, they have my order and billing info but haven’t seen a charge and they won’t return my call.

Ill try sending an email to determine if my order is placed, sent, or I’m on backorder.

8 minutes ago, Eyecatcher said:

I guess I’m just a bit frustrated as I’ve been tying to order an entire set up for my boat and I’ve not been able to determine if they have the items or they have to be made (quoted 4-6wks).  I’ve talked to them a few times and am unable to get a return call.  Hell, they have my order and billing info but haven’t seen a charge and they won’t return my call.

Ill try sending an email to determine if my order is placed, sent, or I’m on backorder.

My guess is probably a little of both. I order some stuff at the end of January.

Some items were in stock and others had to be made. He did mention that he was waiting for about 300 pieces to come back from the anodizer. 

2 minutes ago, Eyecatcher said:

And since this post I now having a shipping email from UPS.  Guess I’ll have to try emailing and see what they had/didn’t have and figure out what they sent and how much it was.

Feel like this is pretty poor customer service.

I understand how you feel. I think they simply have more business right now then they can handle.

I had them make me some custom hinged stanchions for my raised track system I am installing. I'm hoping they are in with that order he has coming from anodizing. I have been waiting patiently since early December for them so I can finish my install.

In my experience, sometimes email was better, other times a phone call payed off. Jeff is very busy with shows, unfortunately it is right at the same time we all want to get stuff done on our boats. At least I know my mounts will be quality construction and match my system.

That’s where I’m at.  Wanted an all black set up with the options that they have.  Need their 45 degree mounts for my Triton and no one else that I found has a set up that will Work in my track.

Im sure the wait will be worth it in the end if my whole order shows up.

• Like 1

When I ordered my raised tracks, I had some ratcheting dipsey holders that I ordered at the same time. I got an email the next day telling me the rod holders were backordered for 8 weeks and asked if I still wanted to order them. I said yes and they showed up in 5 weeks.

I ordered my stuff from Big Papa when they had a sale on Traxstech last October but the stuff ships direct from Traxstech. 

I only have 2 of the 3 stanchions or risers installed and my system is just hand tightened at the thumb screws right now and it is very solid.

I made miters in the double sided trolling bar with an aluminum 90 degree L plate I bolted the track together at the corners with. It's real solid, and Jeff said he has done this for customers before.

I think if you have the time to be a little patient, you will be happy in the end.

Edited by Tyee II

12 minutes ago, FishinIsLife said:

My traxstech order I placed the first week of March 2017 (quoted 6 week lead time) wasn't completely delivered until last week of February 2018.  Some of the worst customer service I've ever dealt with!

Go with another brand.

Wow! That really sucks, and kinda scares me to be honest. What kind of stuff did you order that was held up for so long? 

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Eyecatcher. I am happy with everything I have purchased from them. I can't wait to add more stuff I have ideas for, but that will wait til I see my parts I'm waiting for.

1 hour ago, Tyee II said:

Wow! That really sucks, and kinda scares me to be honest. What kind of stuff did you order that was held up for so long? 

Rails and mounting brackets, ratcheting holders, net holder, but it was some simple parts for a rod holder that took the longest due to anodizing.

• 3 months later...

Well, after a little over 4 months of waiting for my track base issues to be resolved without any follow up from Traxstech, I’ve sent them back.  Haven’t been able to verify how they are going to refund my money since that’s a different department from who answers the phone.

Ended up purchasing the right Traxstech bases on eBay since the main Traxstech company apparently is still on backorder.

Absolute worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.  I do have to say, the lady who answers the phone is extremely nice and seems like she really does want to help.

It is definitely a love hate thing with Traxstech for me. I finally got my custom parts and I really love the whole system I built with their components. I get nothing but compliments from everyone that sees my boat.

I really hate the way I feel like I was lied to and strung along in the process of getting custom parts made. I can't imagine doing shows yeilds them more business than guys trying to order stuff online or over the phone, but that is where their priorities apparently are at.

The girls that answer the phones have always been great to me as well. Extremely nice and very helpful, unfortunately they don't deal with anything custom. 

Well, after a little over 4 months of waiting for my track base issues to be resolved without any follow up from Traxstech, I’ve sent them back.  Haven’t been able to verify how they are going to refund my money since that’s a different department from who answers the phone.

Ended up purchasing the right Traxstech bases on eBay since the main Traxstech company apparently is still on backorder.

Absolute worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.  I do have to say, the lady who answers the phone is extremely nice and seems like she really does want to help.

I had major issues when I bought my boat in 2012. Long story short, I wanted custom 6' masts made in November of 2012 and was strung along and constantly lied to till May and never received them. I told Jeff to shove them in his a!$....The stories that I have on some of his lies are unbelievable. I've heard from reputable people he has lost umpteen thousands of dollars because of his bulls$&t lies......Wow all my anger just cropped up again typing this!!!!......lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I deal in getting custom made parts all the time. I’m a mechanical engineer. The problem with custom parts is usually not the time it takes to make them. It’s that the machine is making something else and they can’t quit production to make 1 part.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I bought a couple ratcheting rod holders this spring thinking they looked more rugged than the Bert’s I had. First time I used one of them it stripped out. Hoping their is some kind of warranty. Paid like $140 apiece. Was interested in traxtech contact as well

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Those are some horrible stories, really glad I went with Cisco. Customer service is unmatched, had the owner Dave deliver components directly to me!! They do a lot of custom work as well.