Changing Rigger line mid season?

Hello all!  Like most of you, I have been tuning and organizing my gear anxiously waiting for my shakedown cruise.  For the past 3 seasons I have loaded my mono rigger reels with smaller mono (like 12-20#) and then flouro leaders of 8-10#.  Then mid season I have usually changed that out to 30# mono and 12-15# floor leaders due to fish size and fleas.   My question is , since I am running flouro leaders, is it really necessary to change the mono mid season, or should I just leader down with heavy mono through entire season ?  Meaning use 30# mono all year and change leaders out according to season.   I should mention that I am not talking about Brown setups as I have separate rods and setups for those.

Thanks for all of your help!

What works for me is to use 30# big game for main line tied to a 50 # spro swivel that will run through the guides well. In spring for browns I will use a 30 ft 15# leader on my board lines. The 30 # helps a spoon stay higher in the water so it can be run in 3-5 ft of water off a board.

On the riggers I use 30 # main line year round tied to a 50 # spro then a 10 ft 15# leader for browns,  a 10 ft 20# leader for salmon fishing spoons or a 10 ft 30 # leader for flash/flies.The main line will hold up good all spring and summer.

I like to respool with fresh main line just before the fall derby.

Using this method I am able to pre tie all of my leaders for the year and have them ready . when changing leaders you only have to tie to the spro on the main line, its a good time saver in the boat so you can get the baits back in the water quick.

Edited by Sloooo Motion
forgot to add wording

i spool my light rigger reels with 15lb I keep them stored out of the sun but check the line regularly and change if any signs of deterioration.  during flea season I splice in 120ft of so of fresh 30lb  someone on this site once mentioned a theory that fresh line is smooth and sheds fleas better older line has microscopic nics and burs and the coating is more roughed up so it tends to give fleas more chance to catch and build up. My experience seems to support this theory so i go with it.   i like lighter line when i can get away with it easier to work with so i take the 30lb back off in the late fall (after kings and fleas are done)  

When the fleas show up around Rochester we splice in 150ft of Blood Run Sea Flea with back to back uni knot. 10ft or so of 20lb flouro to swivel from there. Seems to work for us