Spoon painting?

My daughter uses KBS diamond it is automotive clear coat. She hasn’t done to many spoons but the stick bait and crank bait look awesome and are rugged. Look it up on you tube. It isn’t expensive but worth it in the end we believe. 

• Like 1

Spray the spoons with paint removers if needed clean will dawn soap,take split rings and hooks off, hit it with steel wool, pin spoons to cardboard then hit with a rustolem metal white primer, then you can air brush patterns. hit with a clear coat like "diamond".. keep a eye on the clear coat if it fogs up hit it with a heat gun or hair dyer until it's clear.. make sure you let the primer cure and don't bend the spoons after you paint

• Like 1

There’s  stuff you can put in a water base paint that let’s the paint flex, instead of spraying a lacquer top we use and many professionals use a two part epoxies, in clear and brush the epoxy on.

On 3/16/2018 at 8:00 AM, scotch and sodus said:

My daughter uses KBS diamond it is automotive clear coat. She hasn’t done to many spoons but the stick bait and crank bait look awesome and are rugged. Look it up on you tube. It isn’t expensive but worth it in the end we believe. 

I can see why someone would use the KBS paints they are some awesome looking colors, but I did see both the spray on clear and the brush on epoxy which is used on lures for hardness. Some awesome looking pics. With their colors for sure!!. I’ll stick with createx and wicked colors, only because that’s the paints that I learned with and now have an idea what the consistencies are supposed to look like before using!!! Thanks for sharing. Once I get my self to a better painter than what I can accomplish I’ll try other stuff but for now just practicing the basics.

Edited by pap
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pap said:

I can see why someone would use the KBS paints they are some awesome looking colors, but I did see both the spray on clear and the brush on epoxy which is used on lures for hardness. Some awesome looking pics. With their colors for sure!!. I’ll stick with createx and wicked colors, only because that’s the paints that I learned with and now have an idea what the consistencies are supposed to look like before using!!! Thanks for sharing. Once I get my self to a better painter than what I can accomplish I’ll try other stuff but for now just practicing the basics.

We use wicked color and createx as well she just uses the KBS Diamond clear coat for finish only. 

Yea she’s ahead of my abilities for sure!! You got yourself a wonder young lady there and those are some kick ass lures!! Congrats!!! PAP

She is just getting started but is really hitting it out of the park. She started selling some here recently and can’t keep them in stock. She keeps the price low and the quality high.  $8 for stick bait and $7 for the 1.5 square bills. Hopefully she can get a bunch doe and do some swap meets or something. She is only 19 and trying to find her way in this big world. 

That’s my idea, but I haven’t unleashed any of my work yet as I’m in the experimental stages of an idea of different backgrounds, don’t know yet if it’s doing what I had hoped it will. It’s something I very much enjoy doing and hopefully be able to make some side $$$ to support my must have fishing items. Very nice paint jobs by your daughter for sure thanks for sharing!!!