Special Mate 8” stick bait box $65

Will this box hold a Reef Runner 800 series, or will the lip of the bait rest on the bottom of the box? I'm asking because I have an older Maxi-Mate 8" spoon box and it's not deep enough for my Reef Runner 800's, and it looks like there are some differences between the Maxi-Mates and Special-Mates.

• Like 1

Will this box hold a Reef Runner 800 series, or will the lip of the bait rest on the bottom of the box? I'm asking because I have an older Maxi-Mate 8" spoon box and it's not deep enough for my Reef Runner 800's, and it looks like there are some differences between the Maxi-Mates and Special-Mates.

IMG_3272.JPG
They should fit best of my knowledge. I’m pretty sure these 3 on the left are 800’s they measure 7.5”tip to tail. The one on the right is an hj 14
Feel free to pm me if you need more measurements.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the pic! I forgot to ask if the "slots" were wide enough for the shape and curve of the RR-800's, but it looks like they are. I'm in Carthage, NY (13619), and shipping would probably cost too much. Very interested but not quite ready to buy because of the new gear I recently bought last month.

• Like 1

Great tackle boxes. Easily hold slender stick baits up to 7”. From experience, if you are going to use it for say rapala F18’s you need to remove a couple trays, they are too wide. Great for anything smaller. For F18’s or larger be prepared to take a few trays out to hold 96, or go up to a special mate musky box (45 slots, but each will hold 2 rapala f18’s with the extra hole per divider so 90 total and less snagging below the divider). I own 2 musky boxes and 1 of these.

IMG_4352.JPG

Pic for how the musky box will hold two per divider. Much taller than this 8”, which is nicer about the 8”.

1 hour ago, Bgk88 said:

Great tackle boxes. Easily hold slender stick baits up to 7”. From experience, if you are going to use it for say rapala F18’s you need to remove a couple trays, they are too wide. Great for anything smaller. For F18’s or larger be prepared to take a few trays out to hold 96, or go up to a special mate musky box (45 slots, but each will hold 2 rapala f18’s with the extra hole per divider so 90 total and less snagging below the divider). I own 2 musky boxes and 1 of these.

IMG_4352.JPG

Pic for how the musky box will hold two per divider. Much taller than this 8”, which is nicer about the 8”.

Thanks for the pic and the details!

• 2 weeks later...