Turkey 2018

Yaa its not for public land hunting or in the timber i allways try to use it in the open were i can see anyone or anything coming the hard part is finding a bush or rock to back up against .

I will definitely be packing bow and gun tomarrow! Set a blind up where they like to strut late morning to try a take one with the bow if I can't get on one earlier with the gun. Can't wait!

Hope I dont have a problem with tresspassers in the morning. have a feeling........ "well I was told"  "so and so said i could hunt here" etc etc

Edited by whaler1

My daughter got the monkey off her back this morning. She scored her first bird today. It was a great morning that will make great memories. Long story short we had 2 long beards working there way to us, when 2 groups of Jakes came running in and chased the Toms out of the field. A group of 6 and a group of 4. The group of 4 came back and they are now trio instead of a quartet. What an experience having 12 red heads in the field and the Jakes ganging up on the Toms.

Lily Turkey.jpg

Lily Turkey2.jpg

My daughter got the monkey off her back this morning. She scored her first bird today. It was a great morning that will make great memories. Long story short we had 2 long beards working there way to us, when 2 groups of Jakes came running in and chased the Toms out of the field. A group of 6 and a group of 4. The group of 4 came back and they are now trio instead of a quartet. What an experience having 12 red heads in the field and the Jakes ganging up on the Toms.
5ae8d4a2b7d2c_LilyTurkey.thumb.jpg.7f3dd5b04c17d095e1c340f852189480.jpg
5ae8d4a46b5d0_LilyTurkey2.thumb.jpg.0ab8528db7ce2a93ac035806732f1033.jpg
Wow! Congats to you both!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Congrats to all who killed!

This guy fooled me yesterday morning.  I fooled him today at 0630 though.  Black River, NY. 

IMG_0015.jpg

Edited by CK3080