for sale : usa FS: 2000 walkaround ProSport 2200 WA, Suzuki, alum trailer exc cond

firedome

2000 ProSport 22 ft. 2200WA Offshore walkaround with Suzuki outboard, well maintained, in excellent condition, dual axle aluminum trailer, current NY reg. Used in Lakes Champlain & Ontario, currently located Burlington VT area, Lowrance, recent full length Sunbrella top, runs great, DT-140 hp Direct Injection 2 stroke 4 blade prop, 32 knots, economical, best outboard we've had in 50 yrs of boating, always run on no-alcohol gas. Cockpit seats re-done last year. Grady clone from a company founded by ex-Grady exec,. a real brute, all composite, no wood, no rot, been a great boat. Only selling due to age/health, need a lighter smaller boat for longer distance trailering Price reduced, now $8699. please eMail direct if interested: firesweep (at) verizon (dot) net   ... thanks.

00X0X_kOeMyWlPaGJ_600x450.jpg

01111_hzIJ6zqCW7v_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_7QvrfrQKvQb_600x450.jpg

00x0x_6deR73wwMdm_600x450.jpg

00S0S_dy4y9rybccE_600x450.jpg

01414_2SgGIlMSvdD_600x450.jpg

Edited by firedome
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

No hour meter, my guess, 5-600? Only got out 3-4 times the last few years, getting old I guess.

Edited by firedome

Price reduced from $9000 to $8799.

These typically go for around $12-13K in Florida, great boat for offshore.

Edited by firedome

1 hour ago, jkrfp said:

I have been boating for over 60 years and would NEVER attempt to sell a boat that is NOT TUNED UP and ready to start and run. That is like buying a "PIG IN A POKE". 

Hmmm

Edited by Landshark

1 minute ago, firedome said:

jkrfp - so who says it's not tuned up and ready to go??

As a matter of fact I've worked during my  summers off as a science teacher for many years as a marine/outboard tech and this motor is very well taken care of, and I don't appreciate your uninformed comment 1 bit.

It is tuned, new NGK plugs, lower unit fluid changed, and we will demo this boat with muffs to any looker/buyer. So there.

What happened this morning? My comment is NOT UNINFORMED. 

I'm 300 miles away, I have no idea what my son did or didn't do this morning, but the boat has been maintained as I said and it will not leave my yard unless ready.

I was not aware of this, but nothing  to do with tuning or maintenance, which is always by the book, it was fine when pulled out in fall, power trim was fine when the lower unit fluid changed. Evidently there's a short in the trim we weren't aware of from winter storage that affects the starter.  Should have started it in advance before trying to demo but it had been raining, otherwise it would have been fixed first, stuff happens with boats, it was not anticipated or would have been corrected, now that we're aware it'll be corrected before it goes. We'd never leave the dock in a vessel not ready, Dad was a Navy man that has always been the way things are done.. 

Selling because we've bought an aluminum 19 for easier trailering from NY to VT.

Edited by firedome
  • Like 1