Fly presentation and favorites

Probably a stupid question... I have struggled catching fish with attractor and a fly.  I have experiment with down speeds,  leader lengths, upgraded hooks, ran different fly and attractor combos, etc.  My question is, how do you set the hook rig up with the fly?

Do you rig like picture A or B? Do you have any attractor fly combos favorites? Thanks!

PICTURE A

E122B36B-97E3-4F36-9F02-28208977ED91.thumb.jpeg.26c995cca3ea5d82912166df7a9137fe.jpeg

PICTURE B

AF5AC8EF-9DE5-42D3-86F0-A99FFAE3B139.thumb.jpeg.8da2f1e19e5342a68de700a4b9acff98.jpeg

can't tell what is what in the first pics. white double crush glow or a 2 face spin doctor with a minion sharkbait  glow fly for cloudy/low light times. 2 face uv spin doc with a minion uv cotton candy fly when the sun is high and bright.these are some of my must haves.

any colors can catch some fish if your leader length, down speed and depth are correct. unless you are fishing where there isn't any fish. i would guess you probably need a down speed and temp unit to help you dial in your program

no problem. get a hold of Chris from minion fly company. he will set you up. he has some new paddles too that i can't wait to try out. 

Edited by shawn393

Well, I just ordered some green dot SD’s, black dot SD’s, atomik stud flys and and minion flys.  Any other attractor/fly favorites out there?  Any opinions on how to run rig the first fly in my original post - A or B?

• 1 month later...