Adjustable Rod Holders

I put a lot of time into researching tracks systems and ratcheting adjustable rod holders and still can’t make a decision. So I want to ask the experts. I want to place a track system on my boat to hold adjustable rod holders for use on dipsy divers and a planer board tree. As far a track goes, to me, they all look the same. I do want to have an one handed adjustable rod holder that I can just pull up when hooked on a fish and sturdy enough for dipsy. I am not brand specific. I seen charter captains selling used cannon and Bert’s on this site. Are they selling them because they are junk or did something newer and better come out that I am not aware of? Any advice on the subject is great appreciated. Thank you in advance.

All Day Long

I have 6 of the cannons and you can grab the holder and release lever at the same time and adjust it up or down with one hand.  I also have a traxtech for my chute rod and you have to pull up on the lever with one hand and grab the rod holder with the other to move it up or down.  I prefer the cannons after using both.  Both of the them ratchet up when you grab the rod and both are the same quality IMO.

My vote would be the Cisco brand rod holders. I have 4 mounted on my boat and use them for planer, down rigger, dipsey and flatline rods. 

There's a guy on this site (Laker Taker)who is selling 4 track mounted Cisco's right now that would be a great addition to your setup. They may seem pricey but his price is really reasonable if you see what they are new. 

Check the Cisco's out on their web site.

Boat Safe

Egoody

I have 2 Cannon tracks and 1 Traxstech track mounted on my boat.The Trackstech track is way more heavy duty.I have had Berts ratcheting rod holders for a few years and have been happy with them.They pull right up no need to trip any levers or anything.Cannon and Cisco rod holders are heavier duty.I have Big Jon Multi sets on my riggers and personally I am not crazy about them. 

Great information and advice. Thank you all. I did notice the Bert’s are made in the USA. I didn’t see Cannon make that claim thou. How are the Bert’s tracks? Anyone have Bert’s track?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I've had 36" cannon tracks on a previous boat and now have 72" traxstech tracks.  Both have been great.  I have both single and dual axis cannon rod holders for divers.  I don't think my girlfriend could get a diver rod from the holder without the ratcheting feature with a large king on the end of the line.  I think as long as your diver rod holders ratchet you will be happy with them regardless of the brand.

The new style Traxstech dipsey holders are the best I have used. They are super smooth when ratcheting. They are pricey but worth it. For dipseys I just use single axis holders.

I used to have Berts, but traded those for Cannons. They both work great, but the Traxstech holders are much nicer so I bought 4 of them for my new boat I am rigging. 

The one handed operation on the Cannons is really nice but I feel like they aren't built to last and mine are already a bit sloppy after 3 years of use. I also had one of the plastic caps fly off into the lake while pulling the rod out during a fish-on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Smoke-N-Finn said:

Another thing to consider is Cisco Tracks come with Stainless Hardware for mounting with the track. I don't know of any others that do.

And if you need alternative hardware, such as longer screws, they swap out the stock hardware and replace it with what you need. No extra charge.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk