Twili tip with Braid

Was going to set up a couple divers with 50lb fire line and slide divers. Was wondering has anyone ran braid through twili tips? Any ill effects? I have a couple spare wire rods with tips and would rather just use these... just curious if anyone has any history doing this... thanks in advance!

11 hours ago, ReelDiel3 said:

Was going to set up a couple divers with 50lb fire line and slide divers. Was wondering has anyone ran braid through twili tips? Any ill effects? I have a couple spare wire rods with tips and would rather just use these... just curious if anyone has any history doing this... thanks in advance!

No issue.

This may be a bit far fetched, but my leadcores have braided housing around the core. Having used these leadcores with twilitips for several years I did see some fraying of the braid. I do not know if the same would happen with ceramic tips.

This may be a bit far fetched, but my leadcores have braided housing around the core. Having used these leadcores with twilitips for several years I did see some fraying of the braid. I do not know if the same would happen with ceramic tips.

I think after several years your going to see some fraying no matter what eyes you have on your rod. I would suggest replacing it every 2 Years and flip it end for end every year.
That’s what I do and it works for me??

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

4 hours ago, fisherdude said:

why run braid when you can set a wire rod with twirly tips you have . wire will out last braid and works much better with the fleas .  

That's what you do when you have twilly tips on a rod and you decide to use that rod for leadcore.