Conesus Conesus Lake Walleye

Has anyone ever fished Walleye from shore over on Conesus Lake. I want to catch Walleye and that is not very far away from where I live. I know the walleye come in pretty thick before the first Saturday in may when the season opens. Will there be any fish left by the then. Or will they all have moved out to deep to catch from the shore. Is night the best time to try for them? What is the best bait?

My buddy owned a couple cottages on Long Point.  I used to go out there in May after the season opened and in the fall and cast in front of his places at night.  I would wade out in waders and cast bombers and husky jerks at night.  Some nights were great and some nights were horrible.  My best night I got 5 walleye.  Black and silver and clown colored sticks were best for me. 

I know guys who fish the opener at night and hammer the fish using the baits mentioned above, and they are within casting distance of shore, sometimes just out from the docks, in their boats.  I think your problem would be access, most of the lake is privately held, especially near the deeper basins in the North and South.

You definitely can before the water warms up and the weed beds grown in. We’ve had great nights trolling shallow as well. Once the weeds grow in and the water warms up it gets tough

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The In-season period in which walleye are in that shallow on Conesus is pretty brief. BTW I'm not talking about night fishing. However I've got numerous (over a period of many years) good sized walleye ~(5 to 8+) lps. in close in 4 to 10 FOW early season fishing from a boat. The trouble w Conesus is it has very limited shore access. Good luck