Walkins fishing

Cayuta creek is about a 15min drive from Watkins Glen. I've never fished it, but I pass it frequently traveling between Canandaigua and Binghamton. It does look like a nice trout stream and I'm pretty sure its open to fishing year round.
Or you could throw some lures off the rocks at the Marina park in Watkins. I threw some lures in Geneva last week and hooked up on my third cast. Spit the hook, but it felt like a landlocked. Did land a decent pike though.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cayuta creek is about a 15min drive from Watkins Glen. I've never fished it, but I pass it frequently traveling between Canandaigua and Binghamton. It does look like a nice trout stream and I'm pretty sure its open to fishing year round.
Or you could throw some lures off the rocks at the Marina park in Watkins. I threw some lures in Geneva last week and hooked up on my third cast. Spit the hook, but it felt like a landlocked. Did land a decent pike though.

Right on!!!maybe try both.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

If the stream is open for trout it will be listed in the special regulations by county.  I used to live in Binghamton, and looked at Cayuta a lot on rides up to Ithaca, it does look like a trout stream, but my recollection is that a Biologist I spoke with said it was too warm for trout except in the headwaters.  A lot could have changed since then, I would check the regulations by County and the stocking lists, and if it is not in the regs and is in the stocking list, it's not legal for trout until April 1.  If I were planning to be in the Glen now, though, I would try the pier and cast spoons for landlocks or whatever else was around, likely a lot more action for a lot less work.  You might have to do some door knocking to get access on Cayuta.

Edited by Lucky13
  • Like 1

Page 41 in your fishing regs book.
Cayuta Creek (except
section below) Trout All year Any size 5 - with no more than 2 longer
than 12"

Cayuta Creek from the
Wyncoop Creek Road
Bridge upstream to the
NY Route 223 bridge
Trout All year 12" 2 Artificial lures
only

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, K9hunter said:

Page 41 in your fishing regs book.
Cayuta Creek (except
section below) Trout All year Any size 5 - with no more than 2 longer
than 12"

Cayuta Creek from the
Wyncoop Creek Road
Bridge upstream to the
NY Route 223 bridge
Trout All year 12" 2 Artificial lures
only

Perfect there ya go

• Like 1

Stone, btw I'm PREDATE from huntingNY.
How'd you guys do on the deer last season?

Lol I thought so you posted same pic of a fish you caught over there. I did horrible lost nice buck with bow and only had 1 shot durring gun late season ML and missed. Uncle shot decent 5 point opening day hi tor. Trapping was rough to no yotes this year few fox and coon and water line froze solid early so never got that line in. Rouggghhhh....hope my fishing season is better lol

1 hour ago, Lucky13 said:

If I were planning to be in the Glen now, though, I would try the pier and cast spoons for landlocks or whatever else was around, likely a lot more action for a lot less work. 

X2. You never know what you may hook into off the pier at any time of the year and it is right nearby the Show.

Edited by Sk8man

West of there over near the tour boat etc.. You'll see it once you get over that way Aaron.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

It happens. When I first moved up here from Binghamton I got skunked during deer season. Only time in 22 years that's happened.
I've been scouting these hills every chance I get.
I took a plump doe during bow, a small buck during crossbow and a nice 9pt opening day of gun.
I called in & shot 1 yote. Between calling & trapping I took 11 fox.

• Like 1

It happens. When I first moved up here from Binghamton I got skunked during deer season. Only time in 22 years that's happened.
I've been scouting these hills every chance I get.
I took a plump doe during bow, a small buck during crossbow and a nice 9pt opening day of gun.
I called in & shot 1 yote. Between calling & trapping I took 11 fox.

Damn sounds like a good season to me..first time in 10 years I've been skunked deer wise.

All 11 fox reds?