Lowrance gen 3 or Simrad nss9 evo2

mahine111

Looking to upgrade from Lowrance 8 HDS. Looked at prices and options on Gen3 but after recent Simrad software update I can get Simrad NSS9 evo 2 for about $1100 from Hodges and thinking to order Simrad total scan transducer with it... I understand positioning of transducer is the key, anybody is running Simrad nss9 evo 2, pros, cons, picture at cruising speed? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Simrad are excellent unit but the thing I’m not crazy about is the control bar on the right side of the screen; it takes valuable space. On the Lowrance you can choose where you positionne the overlay that you want to see.

EVO2 doesn’t offer wifi like the Gen3. As for transducer both can use the same transducer. In resume both are excellent choice. Simrad has a nicer look.

I also was considering upgrading my Globalmap unit to a Simrad since it would easily connect to my Simnet system for my autopilot. Is the built in GPS effective under a hardtop or would I have to install a puck like I do now with my Lowrance Globalmap unit? I would be using the unit only as a chartplotter.