Cannon rigger stopping

Having trouble with one of my cannon riggers ~15 yrs old. Will auto wind up for about 15 ft, then stop. Have to wait about 20 seconds, then hit the button again, and repeat (up 15 ft, wait 20 seconds...) until it’s up full. Any ideas, or similar experiences? Thinking about taking it apart, checking auto-stop switch, continuity, board, etc.. just looking for a good starting point. Thanks. 

check your wires, sounds like a loose connection. When this happened to me i found that the plug prong was broken.

I found the plug connectors were corroded on mine. Had the same problem. Tried cleaning them. I ended up replacing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You mentioned that it is about 15 years old.Carefully check over the electrical wire to and from the rigger to see if there are any cracks in the insulation or possible shorts. The original wire that came with the older riggers was subject to hardening of the outer insulation so that it cracked from weathering or sunlight exposure. The new cable setups are not inexpensive but they are well made and can make a difference if moistureis getting into the wiring. If it is plugged into an outlet plug in the working downrigger and see if it happens there also may be bad connection or ground of the plug. If connected directly to the battery check connections for corrosion or possible wire fraying. If you have an inline fuse try a brand new fuse in it and check for corrosion in the fuse holder. Sometimes the plastic or rubber plug that goes into the downrigger may disengage becoming unsealed and moisture enters the cavity to the internals and the board so having a look inside to check the basics such as whether the wires look like they are firmly attached and aren't corroded isa good idea. Boards and motors can and do go bad sometimes but I'd check these other things first before jumping to that conclusion.

Edited by Sk8man

I had same issue on mag 20’s and it was the switch, changed that out I think it was s 4 prong that cured everything. Like mentioned above there’s a shyt load of things before a new or used motor is in order!?