I-bay smallmouth?

According to Jack Cooper's fishery report, many years ago, for NYSDEC, there is limited spawning habitat for smallmouth in the Bay, mainly along the Irondequoit side south of Newport and North of Densmore.  Fishery work done more recently as part of the Bay Plan process by Dr James Haynes at SUNY Brockport mainly indicated largemouths.   I used to do well off shore just south of German Village, but that got turned into Condos quite a while ago.  And when I was a kid, the Outlet Bridge and the Railroad trestle were always hot spots just after the season opened, but that's all gone or radically changed, too. 

According to Jack Cooper's fishery report, many years ago, for NYSDEC, there is limited spawning habitat for smallmouth in the Bay, mainly along the Irondequoit side south of Newport and North of Densmore.  Fishery work done more recently as part of the Bay Plan process by Dr James Haynes at SUNY Brockport mainly indicated largemouths.   I used to do well off shore just south of German Village, but that got turned into Condos quite a while ago.  And when I was a kid, the Outlet Bridge and the Railroad trestle were always hot spots just after the season opened, but that's all gone or radically changed, too. 
By chance, do you know if the Empire Pass is accepted at the North end launch? I read on the NYS DEC website that it is, but was also talking to somebody that said it is a town launch, and that empire pass is not accepted. He said town of Irondequoit sells a season pass of there own for that launch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

By chance, do you know if the Empire Pass is accepted at the North end launch? I read on the NYS DEC website that it is, but was also talking to somebody that said it is a town launch, and that empire pass is not accepted. He said town of Irondequoit sells a season pass of there own for that launch.

Empire pass only good at State facilities

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The land on which the launch is located belongs to the state, same as out in Braddock.  But operation of the park was passed to Monroe County Parks a number of as ago, and MC Parks dropped it and it was assumed by the Town of Irondequoit last end of season.  This is similar to Braddock, where the Town of Greece operates for NYS but has subcontracted operation, currently the Danielli family.  It is not uncommon to find things on the NYS website that are way out of date. 

There's nothing I could find on the Town website yet.  I do know they have a machine to pay installed, it was in when I was down there checking ice two months ago.

• Like 1

Sooo, ya or na for the ramp at North end of the bay? This ramp is listed on NYS DEC website as a state launch, and is also listed on the brochure that camp in the mail with the empire pass

Empire Pass in no good at that ramp

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app