Air Fryer

GAMBLER

Just not the same taste Brian...... have done a lot of baking thou and that can be outstanding. Panko, cornflakes, and my personal favorite crushed up Pistachio's, after an egg wash 

Brian - My wife makes some great ones - Coat the fillets in milk, roll them in McCormicks Fish Fry seafood fry mix (Wegmans or Walmart) sprinkle Old Bay seasoning then fry them in Olive Oil regular not virgin). Absolutely the best I've ever had and I think I've had them a milion ways by now :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Our favorite way to make perch or walleye, before the wife developed a tomato allergy, was simply to flash fry the fillets in grape seed oil...which gets much hotter than other oils (up to 485 degrees!) without smoking...use very little--2 Tbsp-- oil. Dust pan searing flour lightly on the fillets just before adding them. Remove the fillets after ~ a minute per side, then add diced tomato and capers to the little bit of oil that's left in the pan and when the mix softens, dish it over the fillets. Healthy, flavorful, and one of those things that just tastes way better than the sum of its ingredients.

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:39 AM, Gator said:

Our favorite way to make perch or walleye, before the wife developed a tomato allergy, was simply to flash fry the fillets in grape seed oil...which gets much hotter than other oils (up to 485 degrees!) without smoking...use very little--2 Tbsp-- oil. Dust pan searing flour lightly on the fillets just before adding them. Remove the fillets after ~ a minute per side, then add diced tomato and capers to the little bit of oil that's left in the pan and when the mix softens, dish it over the fillets. Healthy, flavorful, and one of those things that just tastes way better than the sum of its ingredients.

Tried the gator perch last night. Added Garlic and a little old bay to the pan searing flour and finished with Parmesan cheese. It was very good.  One thing I would try differently on my end would be to sauté the garlic in the pan until its aromatic before I added in the tomatoes and capers. My kids housed it. I think that combo would be good over any fish. Thanks Gator!

Awesome!! I thawed some crappie fillets for tonight and am going to experiment with a new recipe as well...heavy on the garlic, with a hint of coffee blood orange balsamic over a bed of fresh greens.