Sutters on I-Bay

If you dock at Sutters you might have to wait a couple extra weeks to put in. I can still see my slip, it's just not exactly where it used to be. This is the South dock which is the worst but the others are not much better. I hope they open up and get to repairs soon.

Dock.thumb.jpg.6eb2dfa495be6ec68671da5606317231.jpg

Dock.jpg

Edited by jlogger

Yup. The south dock took a big hit along with the one just to the north. One of those nor'easter's beginning of March. What little ice that was left on the Webster side to the north came crashing down in middle of the night. Our docks at the Game Club dodged a bullet because of Snyder Island to the north. Repairs at Sutters are underway

I was wondering what could cause that mess. Looks like a bomb hit the south dock. Hopefully they can give me a temp slip until the repairs are done.

Wow didn't realize Newport got hurt also. Bayview Condos has damage to. Not sure about the Canoe Club or anyone else. There is no stopping those ice flows when they get moving. 

On March 30, 2018 at 8:40 PM, UNREEL said:

Wow didn't realize Newport got hurt also. Bayview Condos has damage to. Not sure about the Canoe Club or anyone else. There is no stopping those ice flows when they get moving. 

By the looks of the shallows, there's about to be an epic, mass Shad die-off this year too! The floating Shad flow may be worse than the ice pack!

Edited by devoknevo

We starting seeing the dead shad toward the south end of the bay in early March. Still a lot of ice with open pockets of water. For awhile it looked like every seagull within 30 miles was having a shad buffet. 

Can't imagine they spawn in those low water temps. More of a water quality issue I think

5 hours ago, dgio67 said:

Do the shad die after spawning or is it a lack of oxygen issue?  There were a bunch in the lake as well.  I don't remember ever seeing this many dead.