Panther Kicker Mounts

mrk61

I have this one:

http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/Motor_Mounts_Accessory-Panther_550027_Fixed_Outboard_Motor_Bracket.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwwPfVBRBiEiwAdkM0HewzfBw6hiQIJ9T0--C2ZEWz0WRA3nL98cXsDleVFM_qsgdLMMvcphoCyqMQAvD_BwE

I wanted a fixed position bracket for a heavy T9.9.  This one has a few different holes to set the kicker higher or lower to work with your transom.  My wellcraft has more a euro transom, so this worked well.  If you have a straight transom, I dont think this still would work, as there is not much set back.  I dont have a great pic of it, but this will give you an idea.

IMG_9038.JPG

IMG_8158.JPG

Thanks CK! That looks quite solid. I in fact, an going with the same motor T9.9 Long Shaft. The link for the mount shows it has a 13” set back which I would think would work for my 21’ Hydrasports WA with a straight transom. My only potential issue is being able to clear my trim Tab. Did you also install the mount with a backer plate as well? 

Thanks

Mike

Yessir on the backer plate.  I used a piece of 4" x 8" or so 1/4" aluminum stock .

I dont have trim tabs, but this bracket would definitely get in the way of them.  Before I bought it, I did find this thread on another board from a guy with a similar boat to mine and his trim tab fix with the same bracket.  If I ever did get tabs, I would have to go this route.  Bracket is unique in that its two piece, so the trim tab ram can be installed inside the bracket.

https://keywestboatsforum.com/kicker-mount-211-dc-2020dc-t2489.html

Just checked out that link and I see what you mean as far as trim tab clearance. This mount will Def not work in my case. I see that Panther makes a fixed mount for 4 Stroke kickers for up to 35 hp that appears to have a decent amount of set back. Perhaps that would be the better option to clear my tab. 

Thanks

Mike

https://www.iboats.com/shop/panther-fixed-mount-4-stroke-outboard-motor-bracket-up-to-35hp.html?cm_mmc=&gclid=CjwKCAjwwPfVBRBiEiwAdkM0HeBUGKUEQdIsDx5paq27nT-NJk5aRYvFstutQgMQ17BHeMEbR8Dk0hoCn0gQAvD_BwE

Edited by mrk61

I've got that same Panther fixed bracket due to my transom shape and not wanting another folding bracket. It's solid and plenty of clearance when the kicker is tilted up while under way.

uvFzCFE.jpg

Edit: sorry, just saw that you need more setback. That one you linked to should work well for that.

Edited by BottomDollar

i set my boat with a panther kicker bracket . it is rated for a 35 horse four stroke my kicker is a 8 horse tohatsu . i broke the backing pad . i made my own backing pad out of 1/4 aluminum and 1 3/4 oak . panther did replace the backing pad but don't trust it           

• 2 weeks later...