Conesus Conesus Pike and Walleye Runs

I'm hearing that the pike are starting to run/spawn in the Conesus outlet, and I plan to take my boys down to see it this weekend.

I've always had it in head that you can't fish the outlet during this time, is that correct?  I know they're not in season, and since they're *right there*, that would be considered targeting them, right?

From the Livingston County section of the Regulations guide (interesting reading!)

North McMillan Creek and Conesus Inlet Fish and Wildlife Management Area from Conesus Lake south to the dam, except the canal west of Conesus Inlet and that portion of the inlet north of the canal

Fishing prohibited March 1 until the opening of walleye season in May

to protect spawning walleye and northern pike

Edited by Lucky13
  • Like 1

From the Livingston County section of the Regulations guide (interesting reading!)

North McMillan Creek and Conesus Inlet Fish and Wildlife Management Area from Conesus Lake south to the dam, except the canal west of Conesus Inlet and that portion of the inlet north of the canal

Fishing prohibited March 1 until the opening of walleye season in May
to protect spawning walleye and northern pike

Thanks for that. I thought I had seen that somewhere. I really need the get my hands on this year’s regulations (one downside to a lifetime license; no regulations book until I go get one)

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

33 minutes ago, camper4lyfe said:

Thanks for that. I thought I had seen that somewhere. I really need the get my hands on this year’s regulations (one downside to a lifetime license; no regulations book until I go get one)

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just an FYI...the regs are online!  In the amount of time it took you to open your iPhone, start the app, type that post and read the responses you could have had the answer by typing the question into Google.

• Like 1

Visited the Conesus Inlet today (4/6/18).  Our first time there AND seeing walleye.  Did not see any pike but spotted 15-20 walleye along the Creek up to the spillway.  Never seen this before, very cool.  Get there if you never have before.

The walleye run immediately follows the pike, and it was solely pike on Monday. I'm always amazed at how quickly it happens and how it's so well coordinated. Get down there this weekend for the show! As usual, I'm assuming it's the only walleye I will see from Conesus all year :rofl:.

On 3/30/2018 at 9:15 PM, camomanbg said:

Just an FYI...the regs are online!  In the amount of time it took you to open your iPhone, start the app, type that post and read the responses you could have had the answer by typing the question into Google.

I know they are, and I did do a quick search first, but didn’t find what I was looking for. 

I also just prefer the hard copy. It’s easier to look through than dealing with web pages on my phone, especially with all the back and forth you have to do with how the regulations are written.