Name this lure

Xxx

45C63D4E-3EC2-4BA8-ACB1-74BA2DD99639.thumb.jpeg.460c5fe567060c12f80d60c69f7dc287.jpeg438621C0-157A-496D-9356-3DC63659B03F.thumb.jpeg.aa76cedfbacb2b08e70cdd7025bb147e.jpegGuys I’ve been looking for these damn lures name and manufacturer, for 2 hours with no luck?? You would think I would be the last to not knowing what these walleye lures, I’ve seen them at flea markets ect. But these came in a lot I bought off a guy, in a private sale, and the owner of them didn’t know the name. Need some help with name and of manufacturers of these for their dive charts. Thanks PAP

Edited by pap

PAP, I think these are old Cabela’s walleye runners / deep divers made by the Bill Norman lure company. I don’t think they sell them anymore. You can still find a few on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

O really man that’s a let down?? They look pretty stout compared to the Chinese knock offs of today. I really thought they would be older names like Heddon, yea your right I looked your info up and there it was, vintage cabelas Bill Norman walleye runners,  they look good?? Hopefully they ain’t junk like they sell today, action, what action on there’re Chinese knock offs, the paint jobs sell those to humans not fish, there like fishing a old pencil with hooks on each end. Well all I can do now is throw one over board and see how the work. Thanks LakerTaker much appreciated!!! PAP.

• Like 2

I have a couple of them Mike, they work pretty good I’ve had good success with them trolling for walleye.
My go to cranks are walley divers.

18 minutes ago, devoknevo said:

Get some ReefRunners.

End of story.

Not to get into bad thing on a day of such, believe it or not I’ve never caught a eye on a reef runner!! But I never give them a fair chance to be honest because of low confidence I have in them. I could never get them damn lures to run true, very frustrating!!

2 hours ago, guffins fisherman said:

Pap, Reef Runners are notorious for being out of true. Guys that run them a lot true them every time before they touch the water. A pain for sure, but walleye killers for sure too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Will do I know people praise them up & down, I only found out not many years ago about bending the pull point in the opposite direction of the way they run. I never have enough time or guys to be running around with a needle nose. Not to sound like an azz. Trying to troll with 2 guys and 6 rods doesn’t leave much time for tuning lures, just go with what you know works. That’s why I will admit I don’t give them a fair chance. This year hopefully we will have helping hands to navigate the boat!!! PAP. I will try to give them more time, I certainly have enough of them.

7 minutes ago, pap said:

Will do I know people praise them up & down, I only found out not many years ago about bending the pull point in the opposite direction of the way they run. I never have enough time or guys to be running around with a needle nose. Not to sound like an azz. Trying to troll with 2 guys and 6 rods doesn’t leave much time for tuning lures, just go with what you know works. That’s why I will admit I don’t give them a fair chance. This year hopefully we will have helping hands to navigate the boat!!! PAP. I will try to give them more time, I certainly have enough of them.

Agreed.  Keeping a pair of pliers handy is a pain, and you run the risk of dropping them overboard.  I broke down and bought one of the Tune-a-Fish things that goes around your neck.  If I am running a lot of Reefs on a given day, I will put it on.  

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:31 AM, LakerTaker said:

PAP, I think these are old Cabela’s walleye runners / deep divers made by the Bill Norman lure company. I don’t think they sell them anymore. You can still find a few on eBay.

I have some of the same. I think they are from Cabela's or Bass pro.  They were sold as their own brand a few years ago.

They really look good, not in a paint scene like Cabelas own brand is now. They seem well made, maybe these will be a good ticket as far not every walleye in the lake saw  these lures. Thank for everyone’s input!! 

Reef runners are great, once you tune them in just right, and I have caught hundreds of eyes on them.  The Rapala Deep tail dancer, though, always seems to run true right out of the package, and runs 5' deeper than a Reef Runner with the same amount of line out(200').  Give some Rapala Tail Dancers a try, PAP.  They are a few dollars more than a Reef Runner, but worth it, in my book.

Thanks for the heads up John, and yes they are my go to lure. Like mentioned hook em up send them out, not like those bananas that are flopping on top the water 150’ back, I’ve learned over the years to throw em overboard and watch them page left or right or just spin out and dance on top the water.:lol: then make adjustments from the pull point of the lure.

On April 2, 2018 at 7:59 AM, guffins fisherman said:

Pap, Reef Runners are notorious for being out of true. Guys that run them a lot true them every time before they touch the water. A pain for sure, but walleye killers for sure too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you aren't tuning ALL your lures, not just Reef's, you're already behind the eight ball. It only takes about ten seconds.