Henderson Harbor

Hi, I've fished Oswego for browns, but never Henderson. Any advice if I was to try it? Where can I launch from? I only have a small boat so weather will play a big part on if I can fish or not. Is it like any place else, look for colored and warm water?

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Never fished it , but am going up in May, if you stay at bill saifs lodge you get a free boat slip

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Henderson Harbor in the harbor can be hit or miss with the browns, to get to good brown fishing going out of Henderson you will need to go through the cut and it puts you right in the heart of the big water. If it’s a calm day it’s alright, but if the wind comes from the south east or west it can get snotty quick. I would focus more on the Stoney lighthouse ramp if I were you at least there you can see what your getting yourself into. Also depends on the size of your boat of course, and mostly the wind. Maybe look into Sacketts Harbor up towards the Black River. I have a I/O so I’ve been out of the early brown season for awhile. I know those areas are fishable and support good brown fishing depending on the winds like any type of fishing.

• Like 1