Trail cam pix (can anyone tell me what this is?)

HOLY DIVER

Moultrie I spy D40

I have 6 pix of this and it seem like its in motion my guess is its an owl that flew over the nuclear power plant any suggestions?

MDGC0242.jpg

MDGC0243.jpg

MDGC0238.jpg

Now I know what this is ……………………………

MDGC0028.jpg

great pics of the deer. i just bought 2 of the same cameras and have set them out in hilton and got many "events" and pics but no animals. wondering if it's the time delay of the 15 seconds waking up from the sleep mode. maybe i should set them up in a field instead of on a run. do you get a lot of empty pics too?

in the woods typically you want to set them up slightly "quartering" a trail. it allows time for a digital camera to trigger before the deer are out of the shot. or you can also set the camera father back from the trail to allow a larger "shot" window. in a field i typically setup close to an entry trail but quartering into the field. i set mine for the fastest times you can set them, 2 or 3 shots at a time, and always high res. it may take a few attemps to get the camera position, location, and angle in the right spot. the majority of the pictures i get are junk. squirrels, rabbits, birds, half a deer body, etc.