Local fishing dollars

This weekend the Buffalo News reported Erie County fishing license sales in Erie County 2016-2017 were 105,747 issued. Niagara County had 33,167 licenses issued. Money spent in New York hunting and fishing in 2011 was $4.95 billion. Yet we can not find the money to operate trailer boat ramps on Lake Ontario due to fluctuating water levels. Something smells in Albany.

Extremely misleading figures as well. License purchasing is made very difficult at many destinations. If the license is purchased over the phone or online there is no way to determine where that anglers destination is.

We asked for destination and targeted species to be added to non resident license app info but it was met with opposition. 

Why WOULD you want more info about the wants and desires of income generating tourist anglers? We are very blessed with World class angling opportunities in NYS, but common sense coming out of Albany is in short supply.

Not just in Albany.
We have very little common sense showing in Ontario as well with the present government trying to buy there way back into the election!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading one of Steve Piatt's editorials in the NY Outdoor News a while ago I started buying the $5 habitat stamp with my license.  It seems like that fund can only be used for fishing and hunting purposes.  

If NYS would run things like a business it would help immensely.  It's absurd the management strategies they come up with when really at the end of the day it's always about money.  Invest in the outdoors where we get a return...both in fish and fishermen.  Of course our inability to unite as sportsmen doesn't help our voice...it seems like if we all were together on issues like these it would be tough for NY to ignore us.