Boat covered, yup not really???

Xxx

Well I always wait till after Easter to take the covers off and start getting things together, not this year!!. Weather man forecasted, C-2” starting at 5:am and over by 7:am morning commute might be slippery but not impassable. Hmmm I do believe that this might be a tad more than I ever knew called the Onion snow.B8476077-A74B-4866-A93C-8B678BD8BEA0.thumb.jpeg.f8669fe8e6e60ccec47a7bc6f36cac6b.jpeg As you can see I have my ladder resting against my Ny boat99105777-FEDB-43CD-8377-CCD0AC5DE6A2.thumb.jpeg.6f38ab5dde8d90c3e0cf260509b0cbf6.jpeg getting a head start on things.         :lol:0077C6E2-4955-4DE5-98ED-60EFBF53F500.thumb.jpeg.ee41a94da91b4938995e079112a2e81e.jpegB83B4635-BC0D-47FD-B111-D301698BB164.thumb.jpeg.ccd1b3461593e632e221d5d66a78ac0b.jpeg

Edited by pap

This winter weather won't go away and STAY away. Looks like we will have another week with lows of 20* at night and highs in the low 30's. My boat is still covered.

IMG_20171122_084101.thumb.jpg.00a34598ad6a22fcbb3eef87fb8a45d2.jpg

Edited by Todd in NY

Yupper Friday & Saturday more snow?? Only highs in the 20’s to low 30’s during the day with more snow in the week end.

Edited by pap

The only reason I'm not extremely PO'd right now is because my boat wiring needs a lot of work. I ordered another 6 circuit fuse block for the helm and a 6 gang switch panel to clean up the wiring nightmare that previous owners created.

I've never seen so many ground wires spliced together with at least 7 or 8 of the blue fold-over wire connectors. I have to fix all these connections with heat shrink connectors today, and replace other wiring while my new parts are being shipped to me.

IMG_20180331_193430167.thumb.jpg.8c9f820148cec3e380db9fc8558f27c4.jpg

22 minutes ago, Todd in NY said:

The only reason I'm not extremely PO'd right now is because my boat wiring needs a lot of work. I ordered another 6 circuit fuse block for the helm and a 6 gang switch panel to clean up the wiring nightmare that previous owners created.

I've never seen so many ground wires spliced together with at least 7 or 8 of the blue fold-over wire connectors. I have to fix all these connections with heat shrink connectors today, and replace other wiring while my new parts are being shipped to me.

IMG_20180331_193430167.thumb.jpg.8c9f820148cec3e380db9fc8558f27c4.jpg

its a saber thing , looks like mine when i got the boat . if you lose power rewiring it there is a good size main fuse in the top left under the dash hard to see with wires by the tons if i remember right its a 30 amp power comes from the main plug by motor to the front good luck with the job ...

• Like 1

40-60mph winds??? Holy crap that’s a tree blowing over recipe if I ever did hear of one, we had big winds a couple weeks ago and the ground was saturated and the white pines came down with vengeance, we actually had to lend my 2 generators out to family members as we didn’t loose power. So I was running around at 2:am filling gens. With fuel as they only run 10hrs depending on the houses demands, my father in laws place, he passed away in Nov. so we just have a cousin living there, and his sister who is in her late 60’s those were the 2 I had to take care of. You guys are going to have a mess till this is all over.:tmi: :flower:can happen any time now.

Don't take any more covers off. Looks like more crap coming in the end of this week as well as the next couple of days. Freezing rain here tomorrow. Oh joy. 3-6" of snow forcast for Friday.

Be checking out how many wrecks the id10ts can cause .

Where is our summer?

Actually where is spring??

Winter wants at one more shot!

Mitch

5 hours ago, fisherdude said:

its a saber thing , looks like mine when i got the boat . if you lose power rewiring it there is a good size main fuse in the top left under the dash hard to see with wires by the tons if i remember right its a 30 amp power comes from the main plug by motor to the front good luck with the job ...

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can locate that fuse while I have the helm partially dismantled. I hired a marine electrician to help me rewire my last two boats. He's no longer in the area, so I am doing my Sabre by myself. I'm glad he taught me what he was doing every step of the way. It's paying off big time now.

19 minutes ago, pap said:

Yupper more snow in the forecast for Friday-Saturday, all next week below “normal” temps ;( :puke:

February was warmer than March. At the rate we're going now, February will be warmer than April.