Wanted Emergency handle for old Cannon Mag 10A

I think they might be a different one Mike. I think that one looks like it has a socket fitting on one end. I think this one is the earliest one. The riggers are from 1985 :lol: I think Fred Flintstone had the same ones :)

:lol: Mike

Sylvan - These older ones don't have a nut on the shaft where the drag knob is for the socket to go over. I think the open part slips over the shaft and then the knob is tightened down on it maybe? have to think about it a bit....maybe a nut would fit on the shaft and the other more modern one might work....Guess after seeing a couple of these probes go to the bottom on other guys boats I'm a little paranoid :lol:

Those cranks didn't work the best. were for a onetime wind it up.    Hold the spool and loosen the knob and wind up by hand worked when mine had a bad connection.

HI FROM A OLD CANNON  REPAIR AND SERVICE MAN BELOW IS PIC. OF THE ORIGNAL EMERG. CRANK I LOOKED IN MY OLD CANNON PARTS BOX I ONLY HAVE THE ONE. I WILL LOOK LATER FOR MORE. TO USE THIS ONE YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE CLUTCH KNOB AND THRUST BEARING 

20180403_154009[2].jpg

20180403_154017[2].jpg

:lol: Mike

Sylvan - These older ones don't have a nut on the shaft where the drag knob is for the socket to go over. I think the open part slips over the shaft and then the knob is tightened down on it maybe? have to think about it a bit....maybe a nut would fit on the shaft and the other more modern one might work....Guess after seeing a couple of these probes go to the bottom on other guys boats I'm a little paranoid :lol:

Ah, I gotcha. I picked up an old set at the end of last season I’ll have to look at them when I pull the boat out. I had not thought about this.....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app