Washing hands and lures

So wanted to get some opinions on what people do to keep hands and lures clean i am always trying to make the days catch beater then the last and scent control and attractants are a big part . Up to this point been using free and clear dish soap on the boat for boat cleaning ,hand and lure washing its non toxic and biodegradable and scent  free .Would like to no what other use and has anybody tried the pro-cure bad azz hand and lure soap .It is sold in 4 oz bottle so thinking its not really the best option . thanks 

Yes thanks i did see the 411 show and the free and clear that i use is pretty good but with the fish being able to smell in parts per million all ways looking for something better with things like fueling boat and sunblock being used. My guess would be tournament anglers and good charter captains take scent very seriously . I see the guys on the west coast using gloves when rigging baits and we all ways rigged baits with rubber gloves for giant tuna .

I’m a firm believer in scents, not so much mine being on lures but, scents like Kishels and liquid mayhem I feel it ups strikes on those days where you really need to grind it out. Of course those days anything shy of a miracle I’ll try. But in all seriousness I feel scents can’t hurt, plus I feel they really do work!!

One important part of scents is to clean it off when storing your lures. Old stench is far worst than no scent.

Not sure what is best, but I remember 40 years ago spraying WD40 on lures prior to fishing and the catch was great. I use gloves with cut bait, for me not the fish. lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scobar said:

One important part of scents is to clean it off when storing your lures. Old stench is far worst than no scent.

Not sure what is best, but I remember 40 years ago spraying WD40 on lures prior to fishing and the catch was great. I use gloves with cut bait, for me not the fish. lol.

X2 on the WD-40 .

I watched a program on scents, and this was done I believe in South America. They sprayed WD40 on some of the catfish sets kinda like trappers sets a pieces of meat on a hook with a dropper weight, it was a even the same amounts of non scented baits as scented baits had catsfish on, so in my “mind” that can be scary :lol: it doesn’t hurt to use it.

My dad always uses an old Mitchel 300 spinning reel when I was growing up and use to spray it down with WD-40 before fishing with it every day. He would out fish me 2 to 1. After I started using it to he still out fished me but it wasn’t nearly as bad more like 20 to 18 or so.
And it keeps your reel running smooth. Lol. I don’t use it all the time but I have and will use it when I see trout following that won’t commit. It does make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Growing up I always heard WD-40 contains fish oil. Supposedly, that’s an urban myth. It’s mainly hexane (or naphtha in Europe), mineral oil, carbon dioxide (propellant), and inert ingredients. We will never know the exact recipe.....but the fish seem to like it. I sometimes dip my lures in crayfish oil (sold by trapping companies). I’m not convinced it helps either way, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

i believe scent helps the catch rate . i used smelly jelly for a long time . its a must to wash lures after use . i switch to pro cure scents now i like the uv enhance . for the scent on your hands i wash hands with lemon dish soap before i leave home once on the boat i don't like to touch any thing with gas or oil . when time to set up i will put a bit of pro cure on fingers before handling rods or lures . after first catch its all fish scent on hands just wipe with clean rag . what better scent can you use than a real fish only takes a day or two to wear off :lol: .  i been cleaning fish as we trolling i throw the bait and guts from the fish bellies behind the down riggers and gotten hit while i'm cleaning fish . might be a coincidence but has happen several times . my buddy is a mechanic and wears is wash jeans form work with ground in grease in them . its seems my setup out fishes his most of the time . he won't handle a fish with out a rag between hands and fish for a pic . where i will so yes scent make a difference ...