Wayne County Fishing Report for April 3, 2018

Streams- The trout opener for inland streams was Easter Sunday. Naples Creek was running high, however there were plenty of rainbows caught, although it was a challenge for many anglers. An 8.8 lb. trout won the Naples Rotary Trout Derby.

But we are talking Wayne County where the season never closes. Maxwell still has steelhead and they're hitting egg sacs and beads.

The streams are not running as high as last week…we’ll see what rain comes our way the next few days.

Lake Ontario- The brown trout action is ferocious with catch rates in the teens and twenties for half-day trips.

Fish out of Sodus and head east or west. Near Pultneyville the bt action is the best. If you have a smaller boat launch at Bear Creek. The trout are in 10 to 20 feet of water…real close to shore. Stickbaits are Rapala, Smithwick, and Bay Rats.

Tomorrow’s blow will put an end to lake fishing for a few days, however wave action should create some fantastic mudlines. Water temps are currently 38 to 40 degrees.

Click here to see the rest of this report on ILoveNYFishing.com.

I think this is a great report however the stream side of it should be revisited. If someone posted this info individually and named the trib they would be getting a slew of feedback. It does seem to violate the policy on here I think but maybe I’m missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United