Wanted WANT: Cuddy Cabin Aluminum Outboard: Sabre, Eagle, Islander, Lund, Sylvan Etc.

Looking for Aluminum Cuddy or Walkaround Cabin, 19 - 23 ft. easily trailerable boat: (Outboard models only):  Crestliner Sabre or Eagle, Starcraft Islander, Sylvan Offshore, Lund 2100, Sea Nymph GLS, Grumman, or similar Aluminum Cuddy Cabin.  We trailer over 300mi  and our present 22' glass boat is too heavy for our  new midsized SUV!  Please call 8AM - 8PM EDT:  607 754-0031 or PM or eMail DIrect: firesweep (at) verizon (dot) net  

Thanks!

Crestliner-Saber-9884001.jpg.d9c95ba3d525f1a58b94ee894384a7c9.jpg

Edited by firedome

Thanks guys, I'd seen those 2, the Watertown boat isn't far, but though nice, it's way over-priced, imo. I've been in touch with the Buffalo boat's owner already. My own boat's sale is pending and if it goes through next weekend I'll be talking to him again, meantime I'd prefer a Sabre to an Eagle (larger cabin) and will keep looking in the meantime, but the Eagle could possibly work OK too.

Thanks again for the input!

been quite pleased with my eagle so far. i've only got 1 season with it under my belt but it's been great.

also, the one in watertown was on here for sale last year and was 15k or so. i don't know if that's a new owner posting the craigslist ad or what, but it uses the same pics that were on here. maybe search for it on here and contact him via the site. might get a better deal.

Edited by dt5150

An Eagle is fine, but the grandkids like to  hang out in the cabin sometimes so the extra room would be good. I'll watch the Watertown boat but it's about 2x what I want to spend and imo way overpriced for the year and what it is, just my $.02!

I have a 24 foot crestliner Sabre Great Lakes edition , it’s about 85% done on a complete redterstion, willing to get rid of it for about 6000.00, have over 12,000 invested. Bought another Boat. On a trailer with a 225 Mercury 3.0 liter outboard. If interested I’ll send pics. 

I have a 24 foot crestliner Sabre Great Lakes edition , it’s about 85% done on a complete redterstion, willing to get rid of it for about 6000.00, have over 12,000 invested. Bought another Boat. On a trailer with a 225 Mercury 3.0 liter outboard. If interested I’ll send pics. 

You should just post pics of that bad boy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

5 hours ago, Greg zola said:

Is that 225 Mercury a 4 stroke or 2 stroke?

May be odd man out but I actually prefer a 2 stoke, long as it's well maintained. One critical thing I've found is use Carbon Gard or some other product that prohibits ring sticking and cylinder scoring, very common problem with all 2 strokes. I prefer the power characteristics of 2 strokes, better out of the hole.

1 hour ago, firedome said:

May be odd man out but I actually prefer a 2 stoke, long as it's well maintained. One critical thing I've found is use Carbon Gard or some other product that prohibits ring sticking and cylinder scoring, very common problem with all 2 strokes. I prefer the power characteristics of 2 strokes, better out of the hole.

I prefer a 2 stroke as well.

Not sure why you feel like an outboard is any kind of advantage-they tend to have more issues than a good I/O and they are harder to net around. Anyway here's a boat that's really worth considering

nice Crestliner!

Well I worked summers off from teaching for many years as a marine mechanic on Lake Champlain. I'd way prefer to work on and run outboards, modern ones don't have more issues, in fact the reverse is true... plus they don't have things like huge bellows openings in the transom that can send a boat to the bottom if they leak... I've seen it happen more than once!  There's significant reasons why big offshore boats and boats in general are going increasingly to O/Bs and sales of I/Os are dropping sharply!  Agree they're harder to net around, but no I/Os for me thanks!

I bought an Islander 190V new in 1989, with a Johnson 110, it was a great boat!

Edited by firedome
  • Like 1

Some food for thought: I don't want to start a war here ( I myself have a 17' with  a medium sized 4 stroke main and 4 stroke kicker) but the reason that more and more boats are sold with OBs is that an OB propulsion system is the cheapest to manufacture- that's always why there is any trend towards any technology in a market driven economy (business's don't do anything because it's better for you). It is also worth considering that Outboards for the most part do not last as long as an I/O, and the rebuild cost of an OB is 2  times the cost of an I/O rebuild. OBs also have a statistically higher rate of head related failures - something I have personally seen in the units owned by 3 close friends w/ larger, high powered OBs.

• Like 2

Some food for thought: I don't want to start a war here ( I myself have a 17' with  a medium sized 4 stroke main and 4 stroke kicker) but the reason that more and more boats are sold with OBs is that an OB propulsion system is the cheapest to manufacture- that's always why there is any trend towards any technology in a market driven economy (business's don't do anything because it's better for you). It is also worth considering that Outboards for the most part do not last as long as an I/O, and the rebuild cost of an OB is 2  times the cost of an I/O rebuild. OBs also have a statistically higher rate of head related failures - something I have personally seen in the units owned by 3 close friends w/ larger, high powered OBs.

Can not agree I am running a 135 Honda with 2940 hours purrs like a kitten Many years I use it all 12 months of the year(don’t see many if anyFrostbite fleet iOS) and last bit least an outboard is no problem to net off as you can wrap your knees around and lay right on top to net a fish besides I can troll all day on my outboard for a 20 dollar bill I can’t see an up doing that also the newer 4 strokes are offering electronic throttle control in 50 rpm increments how much better speed control can one ask for

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app