went out with my buddy Jason today.8am wire on a 3 set,out 240' pulling a mt. dew spinny and green fly fires hard and its offf to the races.After about 20 min. and some tense moments at the side of the boat we landed our only fish.24# king.Lost another 40' behind the boat which hit the rigger pulling white spinny,white glow fly.By the time I grabbed the rod the fish was already out of the water.It jumped completely out of the water a few seconds later,a couple head shakes and it was gone,kind of.The fish was just laying on top of the water for maybe ten seconds and as I was thinking about making an abrubt 180 the fish finally got its wind,splashed its tail and gone.Big fish,do kings jump completely out of the water twice in a row?Otherwise a big steel.Had one other release on a rigger but couldn't catch up to it as it ran toward the boat.All hits came between 95' and 135' around 80 down.

Maybe that second fish was a coho?

Sorry Brett....Gotta do this :lol:

What Brett forgot to mention was that when the Rod fired he had the wrong pole in his hand. You can see in this first pic the blue jug at the corner of the boat.....Geesh man....couldn't you hold it just a little longer!? :shock:

Had a great time out there with Brett. This is my 2nd year fishing the Big Lake, my first time out of Hughes, and my biggest fish so far. Can't wait to get back out.

Pq1w7Z5J.jpg

Pq1w8d3A.jpg

gx1j0BjJ.jpg