Planer mast ideas with out too much modification

eafd30

Setting up a new to me boat. Currently the planer reels are mounted on the base of the tower for my rocket launcher mounted about midship or a little further back. My worry is that the angle of the lines will narrow my trolling spread or may even run into my dipsy lines being so close the rear of my boat. Has anyone ever made a mast that is mounted up front on the roof of the cuddy strictly for moving the planer lines forward to increase trolling spread width and clearance for rods ? Pictures and tips or tricks are greatly appreciated IMG_2588.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have two masts that are track mounted on the gunwale right behind the windshield in pretty much the same spot at yours. I like it. You won’t have to mess with a tether line. Your tow line will be right there where you need it. I’d give it a try before changing anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I like the idea my only concern is there are no rod holders currently near the rocket launcher , and the base is 2-1/2 inch aluminum and I’m having a heck of a time finding rod holder that would mount to that diameter pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I attached a couple of Big jon pulleys to the rails in front of the 2nd vertical support rail. Fast,easy, no new holes and it works. Picture is a little small but you can see the black pulley just to the right of the antenna. Keeps the tow lines out of the way.

18358773_803167469846261_6751665984580196004_o.thumb.jpg.64b33130c64e84930e3c5817f949a921.jpg

Edited by spoonfed-1

You have good boards that pull hard they’ll be mid ship, if they don’t pull hard that’s when you run into trouble. I have a 22cuddy and I thought I had to have them as high as possible and as front as possibly. I put a mast on the both sides and built my own boards, and those boards are just about straight out. Rod tree mounted right by arch and they work sweet. My boat sits high on the water that makes a big difference!!!