Hydraulic steering Lines

cedarswamp

Put it into perspective.  If the line blows while your off shore, can you get back to the launch with a quick fix out there?  Personally I would fix it.  Which hose is it?  Is it easy to get to?

Yea buy all means if you can find a place that makes the hoses up that will save you lots, compared to the dealer price. Check both places sometimes they surprise you in cost.

Honestly just call SeaStar.   Tell them what motor and steering ram you have and they will give you the part numbers for the hose and fittings. It won’t be too expensive. I’m guessing $50. You’ll have to bleed the system JSYK

On 4/10/2018 at 7:58 AM, jigstick said:

Put it into perspective.  If the line blows while your off shore, can you get back to the launch with a quick fix out there?  Personally I would fix it.  Which hose is it?  Is it easy to get to?

Besides this , now ( with this beautiful spring were having ) is a better time to address it. Picture a nice summer week that your off and you are all set for hitting it hard. Line let's go the first hour your out there and you spend the rest of the week waiting for a new line to show up. Fun, wow !