Parkway construction

I don’t think they are going all the way to Oak, other sign eastbound is at the Kendall exit by Bald Eagle. Noticed it yesterday when I left the marina but hey we will take it considering how long it’s been.

Can’t wait. Wonder how they will fix it and how many winters it will survive. Hope they do it right.

Don’t ever have to take a leak and drive that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I was a former employee of the company that has this project and did the last two all the way to lake avenue.  The original Specs called for Hot-In-Place Recycling which for this project was close to $2 million.  The subcontractor that i hired was from indiana, but my former employer had a different idea that would save the state some money.  Don't know what that idea was or if it was accepted.  Bottom line, it's about time the state is putting some funding towards repairs of LOSP.

I was told last year by DOT that the repairs would indeed go to just west of the Kendall exit. They have come up with a new method to overlay the concrete instead of removing or milling the concrete which would be extremely expensive. I have been told that this method has been tested in other areas and has been successful. How long will this method hold up is the question. I was told this last summer by some DOT people that I worked with at the new Rochester Train Station. Don't know if anything has changed since then, but I think that's still the plan. We'll have to wait and see.

• 1 month later...

Things are moving and looking good. They have the binder base layer down on the left westbound and were working on the eastbound today.

Take the side roads

Quite a few rocks on the road on lakeshore between redman and county line. Might want to take moscow to county line if you are towing a boat.

Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United